Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sunday Stealing All about Food

I'm linking up with Bev for Sunday Stealing - (She doesn't remember where she stole these questions)

 

1. If you were a vegetable, which one would you be, and would you ever let yourself be smothered in cheese? I think I would be asparagus – tall and slender!! I’ve never smothered asparagus with cheese but I do think a sprinkling of Parmesan would be good!!

 

2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be, and how long do you think it would take before you got sick of it? I go back and forth between a protein and potatoes. You can cook potatoes in so many ways – I would probably weigh a million pounds though.

 

3. Would you rather have fingers made of licorice or spaghetti noodles for hair? I think I’ll go with spaghetti noodles for hair!

 

4. What's the most unusual pizza topping combination you can think of that might actually taste surprisingly good? There is a local upscale pizza restaurant and they serve a Chilton County peach and Conecuh Sausage pizza – it is divine!!

 

5. If you were an ice cream flavor, what would be your name, and what would the ingredients be? It would need to be something NUTTY!! I would love to have a sugar free ice cream with chocolate and peanut butter and peanuts.

 

6. If you could make a smoothie out of any three foods, which ones would you choose, and what would you name your concoction? I think I would enjoy a strawberry, banana, and blueberry smoothie. How about naming it the Monkey Berry Smoothie.

 

7. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen someone do with food? Have you ever seen Gallagher? Way back when Mark and I were dating and then newlyweds, we saw him in “concert” a couple of times. He would use a watermelon and everyone on the first few rows were given plastic to cover up!

 

8. If your favorite food could talk, what do you think it would say about you? She sure does love me!

 

9. If you were a chef, what outrageous names would you give to your dishes to make them more interesting? I’m answering these questions on Saturday night after preparing dinner for our kids to celebrate birthdays. My brain won’t come up with anything creative.

 

10. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be, and what food do you think they'd be surprised to see on the menu? I am having the hardest time with these questions tonight! I think I would like to have dinner with the Apostle Paul or maybe a Roman Gladiator or maybe a really smart woman from way back when. I wonder if I served cow’s milk if they would be surprised?

 

11. What's the weirdest or grossest thing you've ever eaten just to impress someone else? I’ve eaten exactly one raw oyster on a saltine cracker with cocktail sauce . . . to impress a guy.

 

12. If breakfast cereals were characters in a TV show, which cereal would be the comedic sidekick, and which one would be the evil villain? The comedic sidekick would be Lucky Charms and he/she would roll their r’s and the evil villain would be Cap’n Crunch.

 

13. If you could turn one vegetable into a superpower, which one would it be, and what could you do with it? Let’s see . . .how about super carrots and they could give you amazing vision to see all sorts of things.

 

14. What do you think aliens would say about our strange Earth foods if they came to visit? They would probably like our food – it is good!

 

15. If foods had personalities, which two foods would make the weirdest couple, and why? I am failing miserably at these questions . . .how about a short and round beet with a tall skinny carrot?? Would their babies be carobees? 

10 comments:

  1. We did have similar answers. We used to watch Gallagher - he was fun. My husband loved his watermelon splats. We also used to watch Pumpkin' Chunkin, which I just now remembered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about Pumpkin' Chunkin'!! There is a great episode of Modern Family involving Cam and Pumpkin' Chunkin'!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. When he was on TV, we didn't have to worry about getting splattered!!

      Delete
  3. Fun Q-and-A today ... I think you did great! My hair's so thin and fine, I'd opt for spaghetti noodles, too. I'm not a fan of peach, but that pizza combo actually sounds pretty good. The craziest thing I like on my pizza is an over-easy egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen pizzas with an egg on top but I'm not a fan of over easy eggs. Mark would probably enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. You did this one so well. I passed it this week. I also saw Gallagher in person. We weren't in the front rows, so didn't need rain coats! Always fun though. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember sitting about 10 rows back one time and we still got some watermelon splatter!!

      Delete
  5. LOL there are some young people who would have no idea who Gallagher is! Oh and I ate raw oysters. I have had them three times and each time, I remember why I don't like them. They taste disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the one I ate and it was 40+ years ago. I don't even like them cooked.

      Delete