Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 I'm joining up with the Sunday Stealing folks. Bev steals the questions and we answer.

1. Do you trust people at restaurants who handle your food that they aren't doing anything gross to it while you can't see them? I try not to think about it. I usually won’t return food because I do always wonder if they do something horrible to it before they bring it back out.

2. How do you wear your hair each day? I wash it, blow dry and straighten it . . .every day.

3. Have you ever worn:

A gas mask? no

A blindfold? Yes – I actually have a long story about a blindfold that I should blog about.

4. Would you be willing to go hang gliding? I might. I went to a hang gliding festival once when I was young and watched a lot of people jump off a mountain. I didn’t do it then but I might do a tandem with a trained person today.

5. What is the difference between a man's button down shirt and a woman's button down shirt? The buttons are on different sides (or they used to be).

6. Have you ever taken a lock of someone else's hair? No . . .are you asking us if we’ve snipped a lock of someone’s hair when they didn’t know it? I think I may have saved a little hair from both of our kids when they had their first hair cut but I think it is long gone at this point in time.

7. Have you ever given anyone a lock of your hair? No, I can’t say that I have. Question 6 and 7 seem strange to me.

8. If you had a locket what would you put inside? Ok, I see the connection here between 6, 7, and 8! I wouldn’t put a lock of hair inside. If I put anything inside, it would be a tiny picture.

9. Have you ever written something on a bathroom wall? I don’t think so but I was young once and did stupid things so I guess I might have . . .but I don’t think so.

10. When was the last time you fell down in public? It was a doozy. I fell while walking quickly on a metal pier at the beach. It is a miracle that I wasn’t hurt worse than I was.

11. Are you more aggressive or mellow? I can be aggressive but I do think I’ve mellowed with age.

12. What have you done with your self to keep your life worth living? I love others and am loved by others. I try to do things for other people. I try to laugh often.

13. What is the most incredible thing you can do? I don’t know if there is anything “special” and “incredible” that I do.

14. Do you bury your pets, flush them, or throw them away? The last pet that died was our former cat, Snugs. He showed up on our deck one day and we had him for several years. We had to have him put to sleep at the end of his life. I think the vet cremates them.

15. What's your favorite thing that is yellow? I love forsythia when it blooms in early spring. It is such a harbinger of “spring that is to come.”

 

16. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? My ears are pierced. There are two holes but I left the second holes grow up years ago but I’ve ordered some earrings and I’m going to put them through those top holes! I think I’m going to get a tattoo this year, too. I turned 65 a few weeks ago . . .and I figure if I’m going to do it, I should do it soon.

11 comments:

  1. I suppose I've mellowed with age, a little, but I still find a lot of things to make me feel outraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get outraged in a heart beat but I think I get outraged less often.

      Delete
  2. I'm interested to hear the blindfold's backstory! A few years ago I blogged about having worn one in a teambuilding exercise at my workplace. Being sightless is terrifying, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to write about that blindfold day. It was supposed to be sort of a team building exercise but . . . .it wasn't.

      Delete
  3. #12 Laugh often - good advice. I laugh quite a lot - and mostly at how stupid I am and can be.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are back! I was hoping you were traveling and having fun!

      Delete
  4. I read the "you" in #13 to be "anybody" instead of me specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have had a blessed Sunday! We answered a few of these the same way. Wisdom comes with experience! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to laugh more often. I spent too many years being a little curmudgeonly and it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much better to laugh. I need to remember that over the next few days!

      Delete