Saturday, February 25, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for Sunday Stealing! She stole the questions from Compassion Int’l.


1. Do you ever have funny dreams at night? This is a great question! I’m not sure I’ve ever had a funny dream before. It would be awesome to wake up laughing.

2. f you could make a law for your country, what would it be? I could probably come up with a few. This morning I was yelling at someone who was driving 34 ON THE INTERSTATE. I actually think there is a minimum speed so I guess there is a law. I know a law wouldn’t help but it sure would be a better place if we were all nice to each other. Yes, I realize that I was yelling at someone for driving 34 and that doesn’t qualify as nice. I don’t think I have an answer. The more I think about it, the more I realize that there are probably already laws for some of these things and no one follows them.

3. What would you do if you were invisible for a day? I started to say that I would sneak into meetings and friend groups to hear the conversation BUT WHAT IF they were saying bad things about me?

4. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? I don’t know if I want to be anyone else. Everyone has their own set of problems and their own good things. I think I’ll stay me which is probably boring.

5. What would you like to change about yourself? I have a critical spirit (nature?) – I’m not sure what you call it. I criticize myself and I find myself criticizing others. I really hate this about myself (hear it?). Anyway, we’ve been cooped up with covid for a week so my mental health is probably not great today hahaha!

6. What is your daily routine. We wake up (which is a really good thing). I have a diet pepsi and Mark has coffee with half and half. We don’t talk right away. I usually head down and ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes and then come up and take a shower and get ready for work. I leave for work around 8:00.

7. What would your perfect day be like? What would you be doing? The sun would be shining and the sky would be blue. The temp would be just right and there would be NO POLLEN in the air. I would be surrounded by family and friends and there would be good food and LOTS of laughter.

8. How old were you when you learned to read? We didn’t have kindergarten in our school so I didn’t attend kindergarten. I learned to read in first grade, I assume. Once I learned, I read everything in sight.

9. What is the most interesting thing you know? The most interesting thing I know is that I can’t wait to read all of your answers because I’m not totally sure I know anything interesting. Actually, this semester I’m taking Survey of the Old Testament and I’ve learned some pretty interesting things.

10 What makes you nervous? It depends on the situation. I’m writing this on Saturday night. Tomorrow morning, I’ll be standing in front of a group teaching . . .even after a LOT of years, that makes me nervous. Just a week ago, we were on a 12 hour flight from Tel Aviv to Kennedy. Flying makes me nervous but I love to travel. Hospitals make me nervous. I don’t need to tell y’all anymore hahaha!

11. What is your favorite flower? I love peonies. They might be my favorite.

12. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal? I have ridden on a horse years ago. We were in Gatlinburg and went on a trail ride. We also rode horses on the Parker Ranch in Hawaii.

13. What time do you go to bed? Mark likes to go to bed at 9:00. Sometimes I read for a little bit.

14. What time do you get up? We get up at 5:00 a.m. almost every day.

15. What is something that is always in your refrigerator? Diet Pepsi and Half and Half are always in our fridge.

This has nothing to do with anything but as I said, I’m writing this on Saturday night. I don’t have the TV on nor any music playing. I cannot even begin to tell you how loud our next door neighbors are at this moment. They have little kids and they are playing hard and one of them is hooting continuously like an owl. I’m just going to laugh about this one and give thanks that this is a temporary living arrangement!

10 comments:

  1. I was actually stopped by the cops for driving too slow. The lights were off on my dashboard and I couldn't tell what speed I was driving and rather than driving too fast, I slowed down...and it was too slow for the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were stopped BUT I'm glad to know that they stopped you. They may have assumed something was wrong -- which it was since your lights were off on the dashboard!

      Delete
  2. These were great questions and I enjoyed reading your answers and thinking how I would respond. I really, really want to get up a little bit earlier in the morning. I admire you getting up at 5:00. If I could do 6:00, I would be happy. But I get up with PC at 6:30 and get his lunch and breakfast made, feed the kitties, etc. and the morning is half gone before I sit down to do my quiet time. Something that should come first!!
    I have been dreaming up a storm for weeks. Not sure what that is about. Never funny dreams, but certainly entertaining. Would welcome a funny dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we sleep until 6:30, I definitely understand your thought. It does feel like I've lost half the day!

      Delete
  3. I was a good reader in school but I disliked reading a lot. I really enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife tells me that diet soda (mine is diet cherry Pepsi) is bad for me, and she is probably right, but periodically I drink it anyway. I don't drink coffee,, but I do drink tea,especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7. Pollen - that gets me in June.

    14. 5am is a little too early for me. It is really peaceful for a couple of hours though (I get up at 6am on schooldays).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having an early spring, so I expect the pollen to be bad until mid-June, which is a very long time. I didn't want to be anyone else for the same reason you cited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flying makes me nervous too and we take a trip in July; ugh!

    ReplyDelete