Wednesday, February 8, 2023

It's Wednesday So It Must Be Hodgepodge!!

Thanks so much to Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for writing these questions for us week after week. I love a good writing prompt!! Join us by answering the questions on your own blog (or below) and linking up here.

1. Something you've done recently that might be considered a labor of love? I worked a shift at our church consignment sale so that I could shop early to buy things for granddaughter #2. Then I took most of it back to my office and crammed it into two giant mailing envelopes and mailed it to them because I won’t see them for several weeks. I may have spent enough in postage to make up for what I saved on the clothes haha! One package arrived today (that worries me because I mailed both on Monday??) and there was an Elsa dress up dress enclosed. They facetimed me and she was wearing the dress and jumping on the trampoline singing “Let It Go” at the top of her lungs.

2. What's one thing you love about being the age you are now? There is some freedom in being 64. If I want to wear tennis shoes . . .I can. I don’t have to worry as much about what other people think of me. I must admit that I want people to like me and I try really hard to be nice to folks but I don’t seem to worry as much about it. We also are able to travel some and eat out. I can get a pedicure if I want.

3. What do you value more: careful planning or the freedom to be spontaneous? Elaborate. I was working on something this afternoon with a detailed check list. I had typed up the list and each item had a tiny box beside it so I could check it off. He started laughing at my level of detail so I have a feeling that I would fall into the careful planning person category. I do love a good spontaneous laugh or a good spontaneous moment though . . . I just have a tendency to plan.

4. A home cooked meal or a fancy restaurant? pink or red? watch the sunrise or watch the sunset? wine and cheese or champagne and chocolate? I love a fancy restaurant BUT sometimes homecooked is best because you can sit around the table and chat. I love both pink and red! I also love both sunrise and sunset. The last one is easiest for me – Wine is ok (I much prefer vodka). I love cheese. Champagne is pretty yummy but I don’t drink it often. I do love dark chocolate but only eat it in a protein bar form or something without sugar.

5. What's your definition of romance? Are you a 'romantic'? Romance can be that feeling of being swept off your feet . . .where your heart beats faster and you feel all tingly BUT romance can also be watching your husband cook dinner and wash the dishes after you’ve worked all day. Romance is also when he plans a dinner out and makes all of the arrangements. I think I love to think I’m a romantic but I’m not sure I am.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I went to a Women’s conference on Friday and Saturday called Sacred Studio and had a great time. There is a keynote speaker who speaks at dinner. After dinner, you attend a breakout session. She spoke again on Saturday morning and then we had a breakout session. While we ate lunch, she spoke again and we had one last breakout session. The sessions are all “art” based – painting, watercolors, creative writing, flower arranging, Bible/prayer doodling, table settings, making a day gown (that took all three sessions), creative photo editing on an I-phone and more. This was my second time to attend – the first time was the month before covid shut down the world. Here we are three years later and I went with two of my sister-in-laws and really enjoyed the time.





12 comments:

  1. Your conference sounded good. I'm definitely a planner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really nice conference. I think I would have enjoyed some of those break-out sessions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The break out sessions are amazing. They fill up so fast - the first three I tried to register for were already full but I was able to take some other good ones.

      Delete
  3. Laughed to hear about your granddaughter wearing the Elsa dress and singing while jumping on the trampoline. That's something I have seen a little girl do. Wonderful that you are a planner right down to the wee little box to tick things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had hit record while we were facetiming - she was singing at the top of her lungs jumping away in a shiny blue Elsa dress!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a careful detail planner, but I do love me a checklist! LOL The creative women's retreat sounds wonderful. Visiting from WH#10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I do like good plans. I also love to buy second hand stuff for my grands. It was easier when they were younger and the stuff was in better shape. Hope the other package arrives soon. Sounds like a fun conference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, while I like romantic things and novels, I don't think I myself am a romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your #1!! How fun to get the facetime of your granddaughter playing and singing in her dress-up dress!! This was a fun Hodgepodge and after reading your answers I realized I only answered the first part of question #4!! Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your conference sounds like fun. So many of those activities appeal to me. I feel like we've been so busy in recent months that creativity is missing from my life in ways it used to exist. Even my blogging could use a refresh in terms of enthusiasm. Finding time is the tricky part. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers. I too loved your number one answer. I work for a postal annex and ship many packages just like that...it's the thought, though the shipping cost more than the items.

    ReplyDelete