Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Ash Wednesday Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce for the questions! Feel free to copy and paste and join up!

1. What do you find is the most boring part of your life at the moment? We have covid . . .we flew in on Saturday and tested positive on Sunday. We've avoided it for 3 years and are fully vaccinated but it caught us. We are trapped in a two bedroom apartment. We are just now getting to the bored phase. We've slept a million hours since Sunday - seriously . . .we've never slept so much in our lives. I've tried to do some work from home but I need to be in the office.

2. February 22nd is George Washington's birthday. You'll find his face on the US $1 bill. What's the last thing you bought for roughly $1.00? (.94 €/ .83 £) I cannot remember buying anything for $1 lately - $5 yes. $20 yes. I did have a LOT OF $1's over the last two weeks though. We always take a lot of ones when we travel plus I was in charge of the tips for the tour guide and the bus driver. So I've seen and handled lots of $1 but everything I've purchased was at least $3.

3. Is it ever okay to tell a 'little white lie'? Explain. I don't know that it is ever ok to lie in any way form or fashion but I do know that as a southern woman, I've been taught to be nice . . .and sometimes nice has a tinge of a white lie to it.

4. What's the last thing you 'chopped'? Cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries, a bowl of cherries, cherry vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, a cherry lifesaver...your favorite cherry flavored something? I haven't chopped anything cherry lately. I haven't had any fresh cherries this year. I wonder if they are in the grocery store? I do love them! I did brown some lean ground beef last night and "chopped" it with the spatula into tiny bites.

5. Describe yourself with three words using your first, middle, and last initials. L W E

L is for laughter

W is for welcoming

E is for enough (even though I never think I am)

6. Insert your own random thought here. I will try to write some more posts from our trip. I've started Day 3. My boss made amazing videos of each day and I need to figure out how to include those. 

My real random thought is I love Ash Wednesday. I actually love the season of Lent. I can't believe I'm sick and can't go to church tonight (and work today!!). 


15 comments:

  1. Sorry you got sick!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was the last of the five days isolation. Today we are going to venture out - now we have to wear a mask for five more days. I sure don't want to give this one to anyone else. It has been yucky

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you can get back to your regular activities soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Covid is now here to stay and we are all learning to live with it/avoid it as best we can. I'm sorry you're sick and hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covid combined with jet lag has been tough!!

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I think that durned "C" word is here to stay. *sigh*. I absolutely LOVE the phrase, " I've been taught to be nice . . .and sometimes nice has a tinge of a white lie to it." Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessssssssssssss on #3--as a southern lady myself...one has to just season things right...and I hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you have the covid - ugh! When my husband and I both had it, it was probably the most boring week of our lives! Hope you're better soon and no lasting problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get to mask up and venture outside today! We are still nowhere near 100%. What is so weird is that I actually think we had a mild case . . .and still felt crappy.

      Delete
  7. So sorry about the Covid. Our son has it right now from a wedding they attended last weekend. Take care. Feel better soon. Like what you shared with your initials. So sorry you were not able to go to church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your son is feeling better. We can mask up and venture out today but we still are not 100%.

      Delete
  8. I'm very late in commenting. I hope you are feeling better. I enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete