Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday Stealing

I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing! Come join us!

What flavor Popsicle is the best? My current favorite is the no sugar added chocolate Popsicle.

Do you have a DVR feature with your cable? We no longer have cable so we don’t have the ability to record.

How many drawers does your dresser have? We have a rental dresser in the apartment and it has 6 drawers.

Is your closet a mess? It is not too bad right now. A lot of my clothes haven’t made it back from a friend’s house. Our clothes were spread across several households. This apartment has two main closets in the primary bedroom and that may be my favorite feature!

Have you ever solved a Rubik's Cube? I definitely haven’t in many years. It seems like I remember lining it all up ONE time many years ago.

Describe your favorite pair of pajama pants: I don’t wear pajama pants! I sleep in cute and comfy night shirts.

What color is your wallet? Right now, I have two wallets in my purse. My giant brown one and a cute smaller teal one.

Do you find flea markets and thrift shops enjoyable? I might enjoy them if I went to them. I remember going to the flea market in Mobile with my son and daughter-in-law and it was pretty amazing. Sometimes thrift shops smell so funky. We have a children's clothing consignment sale at our church twice a year and I do shop there.

Have you met amazing people online? I think it is so cool to have blog “friends” from all parts of the world. I enjoy reading their posts because they look at the world differently which broadens my own horizons. So far, I've never actually "met" any of them.

Would you be happy if I colored a picture for you? Certainly! Do you color in the lines? If you do a good job, I might even hang it on the wall of the apartment!

What show do you think 'made' the 90's? I don’t think one show did. I imagine people might say Friends or Seinfeld. I googled shows of the 90’s and there were a few I enjoyed! Cheers, Frasier, ER, Murphy Brown, Home Improvement, Northern Exposure, 7th Heaven (watched with the kids).

Are you happier now than you were last year? I don’t think so. Remember . . . our house just burned and I had emergency surgery and we are living in an apartment? I do think I might be more thankful this year than last year.

What are you currently drinking? I just finished drinking a diet pepsi.

Do you trust people easily? No, I don’t think I trust people easily.

What are you looking forward to in the next three months? Mark is meeting with the contractor tomorrow and he said that it would be about 3 months before they could begin reconstruction of the house so . . .I’m looking forward to seeing progress. Last week, I went to the house and I was terribly sad afternwards. This week, I felt a little more hopeful and it looks more like a house UNDER construction rather than a house that burned. Here are some pictures of what it looks like this weekend.



This is our bedroom on the main floor.
Water came through the ceiling.




inside this wall cavity is the inside
of the fireplace where the fire originated.
The lightning struck the brick chimney.
I was standing right next to this spot
right before the fire broke into
flames. I'm so very thankful.

I'm looking up when taking this (see the
light coming in through the roof - hole
lower right side of photo). The beams
are charred way up.

The fire was upstairs but downstairs
suffered water and smoke damage.

This is the loft area at the top
of the stairs where I exercised
every day and where we played
Barbies with our granddaughters.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVED Northern Exposure! I had forgotten about t, but it was surely '90s (1900-1995). Good luck with the construction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy thrift shops provided things are staged nicely. If everything's all piled up -- or there's an unpleasant 'aroma', I'm OUT-A there. These images of your home are sobering. Thank goodness you (and Harvey) were able to get out unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned shows I'd forgotten about. Northern Exposure was great. I am always sad when I think about your home and all you have gone through. I hope things turn around for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the house repair is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about other people's perspectives when it comes to bloggery. I've been to America about 10 times and spent about three months there in total and I understand a lot about where you guys are coming from and how you think. Nevertheless reading blogs such as this do highlight a few new things - it's great.

    Not sure when I will get oer there again - not too long I hope.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete