Thursday, September 22, 2022

Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce for asking the questions!

1. Volume 478. Sounds like a lot. Where were you in 1978? If you weren't born where were you in 2008? 1978 was not a great year. I married right out of high school (December of 1976) and 18 months later, he decided to disappear. He did reappear (after I filed a missing person report) and we did divorce. Back in 1976, especially in Alabama, if you were gay . . .you tried to fit in the traditional marriage role. He couldn’t live a lie. He died of AIDS about 12 years later. In 2008, our kids were in college, and we were still enjoying have them home for weekends and holidays. I actually thought I started blogging in 2008 but I just looked and my first post was in June of 2009.

2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? What's a topic that when it comes up you 'sound like a broken record'? Yes, I grew up with a record player/stereo. My parent had this giant piece of furniture. There was a TV in the middle with a turntable on one end and I think it was a radio on the other end. I’m so sick of politics – some people (both sides) sound like broken records. I didn’t answer this question exactly as it was asked but I’m going with my answer.

Ours was similar to this!

3. What's the last thing you recorded in some way? I went to watch our oldest granddaughter cheer a couple of weeks ago and recorded a cheer for Pops (Mark) who was staying with his mother.

4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? Something you're looking forward to this fall? Considering it has been in the mid 90’s here in the middle of Alabama this week, I’m ready for some cooler temps. Fall is one of my favorite seasons. The first weekend in October is our women’s retreat. I’m not giving one of the talks this year. I’m facilitating one of the small discussion groups. I’m looking forward to that weekend. My roommate is a fun friend and I love the young women working on the team.

I'm rooming with this sweet friend!

5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn't 'fall far from the tree'? My temper is quick like my daddy’s was. I look very much like my mother.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I know that I’m late posting but Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week have been very busy.


3 comments:

  1. Better late than never!! I enjoyed your Wednesday Hodgepodge on Thursday!! Enjoy your Women's Retreat!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents had one of those television/record player/radios in our living room, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before my husband I dated a guy who I thought for sure I'd marry but alas, he's married to a guy, for many years now, and lives in San Francisco. It's been hot here too but it's a bit cooler this morning. Fall IS coming; just have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete