Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Today is Sunday so it must be time for Sunday Stealing! Thanks to Bev for stealing the questions each week so that we can answer them! She stole this week’s questions from Facebook! Feel free to steal the questions from me or answer in the comments!

The best story your parents or grandparents tell about the good ole days. My parents and grandparents have been dead many years so I can’t think of any BUT my mother-in-law, who will be 97 next month, has told some good ones. She was double promoted so she went to college at 16. She told us how she and her sorority sisters covered themselves with baby oil and then climbed onto the roof of one of the buildings at Birmingham Southern to sunbathe! Her father (my husband’s grandfather) was a Methodist pastor, and she has some great stories about growing up in as a PK (preacher’s kid). She was the baby of her family and she and her 3 siblings and their mother had to attend quite a few funerals. One time when her daddy was preaching a funeral service, she, her siblings, and their mother got so tickled because all they could see sticking out of the casket was the man’s nose.

The best things in life are...friends and family! Or how about “The best things in life are grace, love, and mercy”?

Things that drive me batty – lately, other drivers have driven me batty! People seem to have lost their minds or their common sense or their manners over the last two years. While I was driving to work a couple of weeks ago, 3 different people cut in front of me or drove on the shoulder of the interstate because they needed to get to the front of the line. You need to understand that I’m not a slow driver.

A place I'd like to live and why – I actually love our house. . . but I would love to live on the beach with a view of the Gulf of Mexico right outside my door.

The best thing I've ever found – I could answer this one in so many ways! One of the best things I’ve ever found is my hubby – he is pretty great! We also have “found” an amazing group group of friends. I’m so thankful that 40 years ago, my best friend “found” Trinity UMC for her wedding . . .and I’ve been there ever since!

The best thing that happened recently is...I think I’ll write about a couple of “best” things in my weekend recap.

I admire people who...have come from humble beginnings and made something of themselves and then are willing to share with others.

What makes me special? I don’t know – what does?

I am looking forward to...our trip to Italy, Germany, and Austria. I know y’all are tired of me talking about this!

Things that scare me – these are things that “sort of” scare me – growing old, getting cancer, something happening to one of my loved ones . . .I have to trust God on these things! I have always tried to live a life without fear but sometimes it does sneak up on me.

Complaints I have – I’m pretty complaint free tonight.

I could never live without...diet pepsi. Just kidding – sort of! Are you asking wanting a literal answer? If so, we couldn’t live without oxygen and without water. It would be next to impossible to live a life without love. I guess you could, but it would be sad.

Things that make me laugh – A baby giggling or a good joke is always good for a laugh. Today in church, the pastor showed a slide with a picture of the Israelites and “manna” (that artist’s interpretation of what manna looked like). My husband CANNOT whisper and he said, “Looks like marshmallows, doesn’t it?” I wonder how many people heard him . . .now I’m laughing about it but not so much then. I’ve found that to be true with lots of life – things that don’t seem funny at the time are hilarious on down the road.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, bad drivers are maddening, especially to pedestrians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw a news clip yesterday where a driver ran over a mother and a baby in a stroller! I think it was in California. There was nothing else on the road to cause it.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I'd LOVE a house on the gulf, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy! Germany! Austria! How exciting.n

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italy! Germany! Austria! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fun. I really like posts like this. I like to read the answers of others and then ponder my own. Glad you were pretty complaint-free when you wrote this post. That made me giggle!! And finding your husband being one of the best things you've found. Ditto!! Would love to be your neighbor with houses side by side on the Gulf of Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete