1. "A daughter's a daughter all her life, but a son's a son til he takes a wife." What say you? Elaborate. I definitely think a daughter is a daughter all of her life! I think our son is still our son and we love his wife. In our case, my family doesn't live nearby so I've always done everything with Mark's family so his mother definitely didn't lose her son.
2. Something you've seen recently that was 'cuter than a June bug'? I'm a grandmother (Gran!) so of course, cuter than a June bug would be our granddaughters. Pictures below. I had an uncle whose nick name was June bug!
|I know this is a repeat picture|
from yesterday but she is
cute as a June Bug!
|This one thinks she is grown at 6 years old!|
She is still as cute as a June Bug.
Mark kept her yesterday while her
parents worked. I was so excited that
she was still at our house when I got
home! I at least got a hug and a few
minutes with her.
3. 'You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that's pretty much the same thing.' Agree or disagree? Last time you had a serving of
happiness ice cream? Dish-cone-milkshake-sundae...which one do you choose?
I would disagree. I haven't eaten real ice cream since . . . maybe 2016. I do love to freeze bananas and add either a few blueberries or a few strawberries or a few cherries and whir them until smooth in the food processor. Now that might be a bowl of happiness!
4. What is one way/area in which you're currently 'swimming against the tide'? I feel a little that way with life right now. We had a very busy weekend. I'm facilitating a study on Tuesday nights and teaching an adult Sunday School class on Sundays plus working plus trying to be a good wife, mother, and gran . . .along with trying to gather stuff together for our big upcoming trip.
5. Three things you're looking forward to this summer? I'm really looking forward to our trip and I'm looking forward to granddaughter #2's 3rd birthday party. Her mommy asked her what kind of party she wanted and she said that she wanted a pink party . . .so a pink party it is. I know this is silly but I hope I can have some time at the neighborhood pool this year. I just need to make time for something I enjoy!
6. Insert your own random thought here. One of the countries we will be visiting is Germany but we will be staying in Austria. For those of you who are world travelers, I think I want to bring back Birkenstocks for me, our daughter, and our daughter-in-law. Are they going to add too much weight to my suitcase? Are they any cheaper there? Or will it just be cool to say, "my Birkenstocks were purchased in Germany"? My mother-in-law went to Germany back in 2000 and she brought back Birkenstocks and we wore them out. Yes, I know I could buy them locally but . . .thoughts??