Wednesday, June 15, 2022

H.O.T. Hodgepodge


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 466

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then hop over to Joyce’s blog to share answers with everyone! Feel free to answer in the comments! 

1. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Elaborate.  I don’t think I wear my heart on my sleeve but I have a face that shows everything. I can’t lie – you can see it on my face. Since I work in a church, this is something that I have to work on!!

2. A favorite love song? I don’t have a favorite love song. I just googled “favorite love songs” and I must admit that I do love to hear “At Last”!

3. Do you consider yourself a trusting person? Explain. I tend to be a little wary. If you earn my trust and then break my trust . . .it is VERY hard for you to earn it back. I think that I don’t trust easily due to things that happened earlier in my life.

4. June 14th is National New Mexico Day...have you ever been to New Mexico (aka The Land of Enchantment)? Any desire to visit the state? Some of the top rated tourist attractions there are- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, White Sands National Park, The Albuquerque International Balloon Festival, Bandelier National Monument, The Georgia O'Keefe Museum, Santa Fe Plaza, and the Petroglyph National Monument. Of the attractions listed which would be tops on your list? I have never been to New Mexico but would love to go there and see the Balloon Festival. Riding in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list. I would like to visit ALL of the places. June 14th may be National New Mexico Day but it is also my birthday and it is Flag Day!

5. What's something you've found enchanting recently? Besides our granddaughters, I can’t think of anything “enchanting” right now.

6. Insert your own random thought here. It is so hot here. I live in Alabama so it is often hot here and our humidity is always high but it is unseasonably hot here right now. Our cat loves to go lay out in our courtyard and it is so hot that we can’t let him and he is annoyed by that fact!! On Tuesday, at 4:07, it was 93 degrees and it felt like 104 due to heat index. Humidity was only 52% which is actually low for us. I think the humidity was 89% on Monday (or something equally as crazy).

 

6 comments:

  1. The humidity is killing me! We had 96% humidity on Monday. I walk out of my house at 5:45 a.m. and get slammed with it; hopefully it will break soon!
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Last was our wedding song! And yeah, it's hot as all hades here in North Florida! Today's high is supposed to be 98. I literally brought shorts and sandals to change into after work and I'm going to get a pre-beach pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom and I were just talking about the loathesome heat and humidity last night ... I had to remind myself it's not as awful as what we used to experience in Arizona. I think the day the mercury hit 119 I said, "That's it! We're moving!" Happy belated birthday, and Happy "New Year"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drove home at 8:30 PM last night and it was 93 degrees. I hate the early morning humidity, opening the sliding door at 6 AM and that steam just smacking you in the face. Not my favorite. Hope you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Last is a beautiful song. You're right about flag day and I feel bad that I myself forgot to post about it. Hope you get to do the hot air balloon someday. I don't think I could do it. Hooray for enchanting granddaughters! Heat and humidity are not my friend. Enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The humidity is what I hate about our Florida summers. Ick. But I love our winters so it's a good trade-off of three miserable months for nine delightful months!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete