Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Thanks to Jo at From This Side of the Pond for this week's questions. You can answer the questions in the comments or you can copy and paste the questions into your own blog and link up here.


 From this Side of the Pond

1. Something you've done recently that required you giving 110% ? Instead of answering for myself, I'm going to answer for my husband and his siblings. They have all been giving 110% to help take care of their sweet mama.

2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10?  Check out my post from yesterday about cheese straws! I'm usually VERY CRITICAL of myself but I think my cheese straws deserve a big 10!

3. What are ten of your favorite things right now?  

    1. granddaughter #1 



    2. granddaughter #2 


    3. no sugar added fudge pops 

    4. nice cream  - our favorite is bananas and fresh peaches 


5. clean windows -- just had inside and outside cleaned today and they are sparkling in the sunshine 

6. speaking of sparkling - have you tried sparkling ice? it is a flavored sparkling water with zero sugar - yummy! 

7. planning for our trip to Ireland 

8. mini saltines - but we can't find them in any store nor online. 

9. my job - I love my job! 

10. family and friends!!

4. Nine times out of ten I _speak before I think -- but God is still working on me.

5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week? I was at the gym on a treadmill and everyone in the gym slowly got off/down from the equipment and made our way to stand in front of the TV in total silence.

6. Insert your own random thought here. As I'was cooking for the young professionals that show up at our house on Tuesday nights, I opened the packages of pork tenderloin and almost freaked out. I thought there was something wrong with them. I grabbed the wrapper and READ IT . . .and it said "topped with smoked applewood bacon." There were tiny cubes all over one side of the pork tenderloins and I thought something bad had happened! I've never bought this one before. I'll have to let y'all know how it tastes.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's funny about the tenderloin. I tend to be suspicious about my food's appearance, too. Your List of 10 is so good ... I want to do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tenderloin was actually delicious! It was juicy and full of flavor! I'd love to read your list of 10!!

      Delete
  2. Very good list, your granddaughters are so cute! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! We, of course, think they are cute :-).

      Delete
  3. Ahh, fun list with those photos of your dear grands! Clean windows are so good. Hope that tenderloin is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling grands!! Loved your list and I'll look forward to hearing about the pork roast. I do love Applewood smoked bacon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say your cheese straws are a 10. Course I might need to taste them to be sure : ) I've never bought the bacon pork tenderloin, but have bought other seasoned tenderloins (we love the black pepper/garlic one) so hoping this was tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I can't imagine being among those strangers at the gym when the news broke on the TV about the first plane crashing into the WTC. Did people hug or hold each other? Comfort each other? I felt a bit uncomfortable watching the events unfold with my principal/administrator. I wanted to cry but felt uncomfortable doing so around her.
    Cheese straws, not sure what those are. But will investigate. Glad yours were a successful endeavor. Yay you!! I am very hard on myself but finally in my old age becoming a little kinder.

    ReplyDelete