Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sunday Stealing

 Thanks to Bev for the questions! Feel free to link up at Sunday Stealing or answer in the comments!

1.          When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

I must have been in a deep sleep when the clock when off and as I stumbled toward my phone to turn off the alarm I wondered "what day is it?" I don't think I looked into a mirror until I started drying my hair and putting on make-up.

2.      What shirt are you wearing?

It may be the last week of September, but here in Alabama the temp was in the high 70’s on Saturday with lots of warm sunshine. I had on a faded Land’s End tank top that is sort of orange.

3.      Do you label yourself?

Yes. Some of my labels are wife, mom, Gran, 1 on the enneagram, assistant to the senior pastor, Sunday school teacher, follower of Jesus. I struggle with labels about my weight – in my own head.

4.      What does your watch look like?

Here, I’ll show you! I love my watch. The watchband is from Amazon.




5.      What were you doing at midnight last night?

Sleeping!

6.      Last furry thing you touched?

Harvey – our ginormous cat!




7.      Favorite age you have been so far?

I don’t have a favorite – there have been many good years!!

8.      What is your current desktop picture?

I don’t have one on my computer but on my phone, I have a picture of me with my two granddaughters.

9.      If you had to choose between $1,000,000 or to be able to fly what would it be?

This question is reminiscent of “would you rather” – would I rather have $1,000,000 or be able to fly? I think I might choose the money but on the other hand, it sure would be nice to fly above a traffic jam or fly to see my sister in Houston.

10.  The last song you listened to?

Overcomer by Mandisa! I’m a speaker at our church’s women’s retreat next weekend and that is my song.

11.  What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

Slap the machine, right?

12.  Would you move for the person you loved?

Yes. We’ve never had to move from this general area since we’ve been married but if we had to move, I would. It sure would be hard to leave friends and family.

13.  Name three things that you have on you at all times?

Underwear! Actually, I was just reading a scripture about clothing ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. I wish I could write that I have on those attributes of Christ at all times.

14.  What’s your favorite town/city?

The one we live in is pretty good! I guess my favorite would be Orange Beach, AL.

15.  Does anything hurt on your body right now?

I’m 63. What do you think? Actually, I just had the heating pad on my back . . . oh well!

Happy Sunday!!


13 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Orange Beach. When I was a kid, Dauphin Island was one of our go to getaways (I'm from Ocean Springs, Mississippi). I loved the fort. I wonder if it's still standing? Have a great week, and by the way I LOVE your answer to #13. I'm putting it on a sticky note to think about today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange Beach is between Gulf Shores and the Florida state line. It is a lovely place to vacation. We stayed on Dauphin Island a few years ago and it was nice. There were literally 2 restaurants -- it was a nice quiet week. Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. nice to meet you... I am happy you clothe yourself in kindness and love... so many are full of hate these days. And I do not get all the non-underwear-wearing people! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to clothe myself in kindness and love but I feel like I fail quite often. You are right - there are too many haters in our world today.

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of Orange Beach either and Googled it. Looks like a lovely town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely - the beaches are sugar white sand. We can be there in less than 5 hours. It is a great place to vacation.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Orange Beach. I want to go back and visit someday with my husband this time. I went with my husbands sisters last time and our kids. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many years ago did you go to Orange Beach? One of the hurricanes (September 2020) did some damage and when we were there in June, there was still rebuilding happening . . and it was still one of my favorite places!!

      Delete
  5. Never heard of Orange Beach. Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoy Sunday Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alabama has a gorgeous coastline with sugar white sand beaches. Orange Beach is fairly close to the Florida/Alabama state lines. It is a wonderful place!

      Delete
  6. I would take a nice cool Mill in a minute. I'm afraid of heights. I'm the same age as you and everything hurts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I've thought about it - I think I would take the $'s, too. I may have laughed at the "everything hurts" . . . but I know it is not funny!

      Delete