Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Stealing

1. Who do you take for granted? I think I take my spouse (Mark) for granted. We've been married since 1984 and he is so good to me. He puts up with my crazy outbursts among other things. Just typing these words makes me realize that I need to make sure he knows how much I love him!!

2. Short, knee, or ankle skirts? (if a man, have you ever worn kilts?) I like to wear my skirts right above the knee. My calves are very muscular so I don't like for skirts to hit below the knee because it makes my leg look big :-) When I wear ankle (or to the floor) skirts, the garment has to be "made" just right or I look like a kid wearing dress up clothes. I’m wearing a gorgeous formal gown in our daughter’s wedding picture that is my profile pic and I did feel beautiful that day!

3. Do you wear a hat? Nope. My head was not made for hats.

4. Who's your favorite cartoon character? Pink Panther – I’ve loved him for as long as I can remember!!

5. Does break dancing impress you? Any dancing impresses me – I should say “just about any” dancing. I’m not a very good dancer.

6. Are you a miracle? Oh my goodness – I think we are all a bunch of miracles. In my mind (and heart), only God could take a tiny egg from a female and match it with sperm from a male and then GROW a HUMAN inside the woman . . and then have said human arrive through a birth canal (or C Section) . . .in my mind, the whole process is a miracle so that means we are all walking miracles!

7. Have you ever eaten tofu? Yes – I love it in hot and sour soup from the Chinese restaurant!

8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood? As much as I want to deny it, I think that the moon does affect many of us. I can almost tell you when it is a full moon without looking at the night sky.

9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree? I read the first Harry Potter book this summer while on vacation and LOVED it. I need to read the sequels. I think most reading provides some literary value – reading broadens our minds, allows us to imagine all sorts of people, places, and things, and increases our vocabulary.

10. What are you doing next Wednesday? I’ll be working at my desk throughout the day and picking up dinner from our church chef!

11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive? I have no idea. Seriously.

12. Are your hands cold? I’m a hot natured person but I just realized that at this moment, my hands are cold! Pre-covid, after Sunday school our class would circle up and hold hands for the closing prayer. I teach and even after teaching a million years, I’m still nervous. The person holding my hand always commented, “your hands are cold.”
                
13. Have you ever given blood? Yes. I gave once when I was in my early 20’s and fainted in front of a whole bunch of people! I didn’t give again until covid and I’ve given twice. I have O+ blood and they need it often. I didn’t give in the last blood drive because they hurt me so much during the previous two times but I’ll probably give again.

14. What SCI-fi books do you read? Sci-fi is not my normal genre. The closest to Sci-fi books would be Quantum and Spin – two books by Patricia Cornwell and I recently read The Noise by James Patterson. None of these are classified as Sci-fi but they are a little “out there” so that fits in my book. (no pun intended – ha!)

15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity? No, I haven’t. My husband was a Beta Theta Pi and our daughter was a Zeta – both at Auburn. I always loved volunteering for our daughter’s sorority during recruitment week. I didn’t know my husband back then but he says that his fraternity was like the movie, “Animal House.”

 

 


4 comments:

  1. Ha! The frat my friends and I liked to party at back in the day (we must be about the same vintage since I've been married since '84, too) was like Animal House, but they weren't Betas, they were Delta Tau. They lost their charter a couple of years later. Your church has a chef? That would be awesome. Hot and sour soup is the only way I willingly eat tofu and I still avoid the bigger pieces. It was fun "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the years, Mark's fraternity has been way down and for a while they were one of the premieres. We don't have anyone at Auburn right now so I don't know how those Betas are holding up :-). Yes, our church has a chef and he is quite incredible. Many of his meals are geared for families so the menu would be basic family food (anything from chicken nuggets to ziti, etc.). Every once in a while we get to host something really special and he pulls out all of the stops. OH MY GOODNESS . . .you might be sitting in a church but you think the food going in your mouth is from a 5 star restaurant.

      Delete
  2. Animal House is such a funny movie! I can't imagine that there really was/is a frat house like that! Fun questions and answers! Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my husband, it was JUST like Animal House hahahaha! I can't imagine it either!

      Delete