I grabbed these questions from Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World.” She steals
all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere and we answer and
Stolen from League of Extraordinary PenPals
What subjects lead you down a Wikipedia rabbit
hole? Oh my goodness . . .I google everything and those results often include
Wikipedia. I’ve looked up all sorts of things!!
2. How do you like to spend your birthdays? I want a party, of course! Seriously, I do think every year of life deserves a celebration of some sort. We celebrate all birthdays with extended family at Sunday lunch – doesn’t matter where your birthday falls in the week. Our birthdays over the last couple of years have been very low key. Mark and I have hosted a couple of parties for each other for a few of our significant birthdays.
3. Something you might take a little too seriously? I’m a number 1 on the enneagram so I have a tendency to want all things to be perfect and I’m really hard on myself . . . which leads me to take things too seriously at times. Yes, I know that life isn’t perfect. I’m working on it.
4. Describe a time you made a good decision for yourself. I’m trying to make a good decision now. I’ve ordered my college transcripts and I’ve talked to an academic advisor and I’m thinking about finishing my degree. Yes, I’m 63 years old. I might be the oldest one in all of my classes.
5. Something you’ve improved/gotten better at – When I was a kid, I was the one who made straight A’s with a C in conduct. The teacher would often write a comment about my level of socializing and the fact that I talked too much. As I’ve aged, I’ve worked hard (especially in a professional setting) to not talk too much.
6. What dish would you bring to a summer potluck? Asian Slaw – it is so yummy – shredded cabbage, toasted slivered almonds and toasted sunflower seeds, crunchy ramen noodles, chopped green onions and a dressing made of the dry seasoning in the beef ramen noodles, oil, sugar, and vinegar. It is delicious!
7. What do you miss about Winter? I miss very little about winter.
8. Share a summer memory – When I was a kid, we didn’t have a lot of money but somehow my parents scrimped and saved and we went to the beach every summer. We have kept up that tradition with our family and we have been to the beach almost every summer since we married. We have loved our times as a family!
9. Words you misspell or misuse the most – I truly cannot think of an answer. I know there are several but I can’t think what they might be!
10. Things you love to do, that can only happen in summer – sunbathe! Yes, I know it isn’t good for you but I love soaking up a few rays. We do live in Alabama so there are some days in the winter where I probably could still sunbathe! Most years, I’m still wearing shorts at Thanksgiving!
11. How would you describe your sense of humor? I love to laugh!!! I’m not particularly witty but I love hanging out with people who are!
12. Have you ever quit a job or career? I worked at AT&T for 11 years and when I went out on maternity leave with our twins, I didn’t go back. They called me when our babies were six weeks old and tried to get me to come back and I was getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. I turned down the job.
13. What are your favorite features of your cell phone? I love to take photos and I also love the kindle app! I also love to facetime with our granddaughters . . .though they always want to talk to Pops!
14. What scents always make you hungry? Let’s see – popcorn popping and another would be steak or burgers cooking on the grill in someone else’s yard.
15. What are you working on right now? We have a big event coming up at work with a big name speaker and I’ve been working with his people and our people to make this happen.