Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Bev steals all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere.  Cheers to all of us thieves!

 Stolen from Durward Discussions 

1.  What is the nearest book to you?  Your Kindle does not count.

Hope for the Hard Times Lessons on Faith from Elijah and Elisha -- I highly recommend it. The book was recommended by a friend who recently died of cancer. After he died, I used the book to teach a series of adult Sunday School lessons. We finished the book today.

2.  When was the last time you took a "me" vacation? Just me? I don't even remember. I love getting a pedicure every two weeks and that one hour feels like a mini vacay!!

3.  How many telephone numbers do you have? 2

4.  If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately? I would allow teachers to educate rather than teach for testing. I would also give teachers a big raise! My daughter is a school teacher and I just helped her in her room -- I love working on her room with her!!

5.  What's your favorite Olympic event? I'm going with summer Olympics, right? Synchronized swimming :-). I also enjoy beach volleyball! How about women's gymnastics? I can't pick a favorite!

6.  Do you watch the Olympics? yes - but I'm not a big TV watcher so I don't watch constantly.

7.  Who is your favorite sports team player? I don't have an answer for this question!

8.  If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why? Mars? I enjoyed the movie Martian. That is the dumbest reason ever but I'm answering these questions after 9:00 p.m. and I am not a night person!!

9.  When was the last time you sat in a church? This morning! We are back to required masks but we are still worshipping together.

10.  Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you? I have so many ideas in my head but have a hard time finding the actual time to write so that is sort of annoying. 

11. Have you ever gone to a party and snooped in the medicine cabinet? nope!

12.Do you watch reality TV? I watch HGTV and some of those are sort of reality. Hubby really enjoys some of the survivor/alone type shows.

13.  How many people can you call who have known you since you were in school? Thanks to Facebook, I'm still in touch with quite a few people who have known me a long time. 

14. Who, when, and where was your first kiss? This question made me laugh out loud. First kiss was Mike in the hallway at church after youth choir practice!!

15. You just got thrown out of your country.  Where do you want to become a citizen? My first thought was "Australia" but I've never been there so I just THINK I want to live there! I think I would like to live somewhere with a beach -- have a house right on the water.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I always snoop in the medicine cabinet :) Reminder to yourself, don't invite me to your house :) Glad you are worshipping together, sorry about the masks. We are still worshipping together with no masks and hope that stays the same in the days ahead.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have snorted with laughter when I read your comment about snooping in the medicine cabinet! hahahaha! Alabama has one of the lowest (maybe lowest) vaccination rates in the country and our hospitals are getting to capacity - hence, the return to masking.

      Delete
  2. Fun Q-and-A today! We're not big 'reality' TV fans, but do enjoy HGTV and ever-campy Bachelorette. Don't tell him I said so, but Tom's the real fan. Ha! The only 'me' vacation I took was a few days spent in Florida where I got to meet and enJOY two fellow bloggers -- Terri and Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't watch Bachelorette! Your me vacation sounds fun - I would love to meet some other bloggers. You and I still have to meet for lunch one day! Things are really busy for me at work right now but maybe they will slow down soon (I keep saying that :-))

      Delete
  3. This was a fun bunch of questions! I enjoyed your answers! Have a good week!! xo

    ReplyDelete