Wednesday, June 2, 2021

June 1 Hodgepodge

 

Joyce at From This Side of the Pond graciously writes the questions each week and we answer and meet up on her blog. Feel free to answer the questions in the comments or join here with us!


1. Besides the flag, tell us about something red, something white and something blue from your weekend. 

This is a pitiful answer -- Red is for BBQ sauce! White is for mashed potatoes! Blue is for hydrangeas in our yard!


2. June is here and it's National Give A Bunch of Balloons Month. Who would you give a bunch to if you could? Tell us why. I actually bought balloons on my way to work this morning for my friend and co-worker who will be celebrating her 40th birthday this weekend.

3. What are three adjectives you associate with the month of June? Something you're looking forward to this month? 1) bright . . .love love love that the sun is almost up when I get up at 5:00 a.m. and doesn't go away until 8:00 p.m.  2) yellow . . .love love love the sun. 3) beautiful, blue, and white -- the gulf coast is magnificent at this time of year -- the water is blue; our sand is powder white. If you've never seen Alabama beaches or the panhandle of Florida beaches, put them on your list of places to visit. Our coast is truly beautiful.

4. Tell us about a time (besides the obvious Corona answer) when you felt stuck in second gear. I'm sort of stuck with my weight loss. I've mentioned this before. I'm maintaining the loss from a couple of years ago, but I can't seem to move into the next gear to get the last 20 off.

5. Sum up your May in fifteen words or less. Life is beginning to return to a new normal and it is wonderful to hug a friend! I don't have to count "a" and "and" . . .right?

6. Insert your own random thought here. Granddaughter #1 had her dance recital over the weekend. It was nice because we only had to sit through 5 little groups of dancers and their dances were probably about 3 minutes tops. Two teenagers also danced - one at the beginning and one at the end. Of course, we think our girl was the cutest one and the most talented one there :-). 

our girl with Gran and Pops

Gran knows that our girl loves
pink and I was able to get
pink gerber daisies

Our girl with Grandma & Donna

our girl with her mommy & daddy

At the end of the recital, the girls
who had danced for 3 years were
given a little trophy and they
had to say their name. She did
a wonderful job of stating her name
and telling everyone how old
she is!

I have a picture with her of everyone who attended except "uncle" Wynn. He was last and I jumped in to grab a shot . . and everyone moved. She is a much loved little girl!!

12 comments:

  1. I love ballet recitals...they are so precious when they're small and learning and enamored of their twirling costumes. I think weight was the common theme here today in terms of being stuck. Summer is a good time to regroup but of course we're back to socializing which means lots of snack type foods. I ate dinner before a gathering last week that included food so I wouldn't just graze. I have little willpower in resisting a bowl of snacks, sweet or salty, sitting in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a giant platter of cookies in our office today and I've walked by them at least 20 times! I ate ALL of my lunch so I wouldn't be tempted!!

      Delete
  2. Another fun Hodgepodge from our friend, Joyce! Your little dancer stole the show though! What a cute young dancer! Of course she was the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce always writes such great questions! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Ahh...your little granddaughter is very cute. Yippee for hugs again. Happy June to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - yay for hugs! I've never been a hugger but this last 14 months has changed my mind!!

      Delete
  4. LOL - mashed potatoes has got to be the BEST answer ever! Way to think outside the box, Lisa.
    Love these photos of your tiny dancer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that mashed potatoes was a weird answer . . .hahahaha!

      Delete
  5. I'm kind of stuck in the weight loss thing too...uggh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can both get unstuck for the rest of the summer :-)

      Delete
  6. What a cutie your granddaughter is! Not that I have ever done Weight Watchers but I heard if one gets stuck and does not lose weight to mix up the points eaten. For a few days eat at the top of the points allowed and then reverse that. Supposed to confuse the body from what I hear. Good luck getting over that slump!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think your answer for #1 was pitiful. I agree, it's been wonderful to hug people again. I love the photos with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete