Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Hodgepodge

 Y'all - I'm so embarrassed. The last couple of times I have forgotten to thank Joyce for her Hodgepodge questions and I've forgotten to link up. I did the same thing for Sunday Stealing PLUS I thought I scheduled my Sunday Stealing for 2:00 a.m. on Sunday but I scheduled it for 2:00 a.m. A WHOLE WEEK EARLIER. How do you make those kinds of mistakes???

Here we go - thank you to Joyce for the wonderful questions each week. Please feel free to copy the questions and answer on your own blog (or you can answer in the comments!) and link back up with everyone over at Joyce's blog.


1. It's been said the best things in life are free...are they? What are some of those things? 
This question has me perplexed. Is anything really free? If you are in a store and see "free gift with purchase" . . . just know that the gift is not really free! Are hugs free? I'm not normally a huge hugger but since the pandemic, I tend to hug much more! The air we breathe and the flowers that bloom were a gift of God for us to enjoy but are they free? I'm looking forward to reading other answers for this question!

2. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Apple pie or home made ice cream? Do you like hotdogs? If so, what do you like on yours? 
Stars
new star pillows on the porch


Blue . . .or maybe red!
Homemade ice cream
Love a good hotdog! - A good Sneaky Pete's Chili Cheese dog (no onions) is hard to beat! At home, I usually put mustard, ketchup, and kraut on a hot dog. My sister loves Sneaky Pete's so much that she always has to eat at least one of their dogs while she is in town.

photo is from the Sneaky Pete's website


3. One thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen soon? 
I plan to be a "rider" on the church van one day in July. In the UMC, we have safe sanctuary so there always has to be two non-related adults with children. There will be a driver and I will be a rider headed to Camp Sumatanga. I really want to do a zip line but they don't have that BUT they do have this big swing thing (Alpine Tower) from the trees . . .and I'm thinking about doing that while we are at camp! I hope they will let me do it without doing all of the other stuff!


4. What's your summer anthem? Yes, you need to have one. 
I don't have one but since you said I must . . .how about, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - hahahaha!

5. What's something you love about America? If you live outside of America, tell us something you love about the place you call home. 
I love our freedom. I love the beauty of our country. I typed a really long answer to this question and then deleted it. I think it will be interesting to read the answers of others.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Have you ever seen a berry bowl? My sister-in-law gave this to me for my birthday last month and I've used it almost every day for blueberries and strawberries!! It is so awesome!



16 comments:

  1. Love that star pillow, Lisa! I've never heard of Sneaky Pete's but hope to check it out. Personally, I'm not so fond of hot dogs but my Tom was born and raised in Chicago. I guess that's a Real Thing; maybe like we love our BBQ? Nope. Never saw a berry bowl, but yours is sure pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the star pillows from Belk - ON SALE! I had never seen a berry bowl either but I've used it for grapes, blueberries, and strawberries so far!

      Delete
  2. I love Kraut on my hotdog. Great summer anthem song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a southern thing -- we grew up eating "weanies and kraut" -- which is hot dogs cut into pieces and kraut and it is heated on the stove. I loved it as a kid! Every once in a while when my husband is out of town, I'll make it for me. He thinks it is disgusting!

      Delete
  3. Zip line? NO thanks, but go and enjoy your camp experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing a zip line is on my bucket list and it is one of the reasons why I lost weight because I was over the weight limit! I'm going to do it - just not sure when! I'll have to get my courage up to do the swing thing at Sumatanga!

      Delete
  4. I just say no to any kind of camp experience lol. I hope you have fun whatever you get to do. Love the berry bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud when I read your first sentence -- it made me think of the old saying, "just say no" . . .but to camp!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of a berry bowl but yours is lovely!! I enjoyed your answer to #4 - perfect for a fun summer!! Have fun at the camp and be sure to let us know if you got to do the swing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of a berry bowl either but I sure am enjoying it!! Since I typed the answer to #4, I've been humming the song in my head all day!

      Delete
  6. That's a pretty berry bowl. I like it. That's nice of you to volunteer for the ride along! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes hugs are free, kisses are free and the sky, sun, moon and clouds are free! Zip lining looks like fun to me. Love the berry bowl. Have a nice 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the berry bowl! So cute! I've never zip lined but wouldn't mind trying that sometime. Now the swing I'm not so sure about : ) Enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum on the berry bowl! I love our freedoms here in the US. I hope we get to keep them! I'm a simple person with my hot dogs. Ketchup and mustard and I am good to go!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post and love your anthem

    ReplyDelete