Thursday, June 3, 2021

All Around the House - Dining Room

 

Let me tell you about our dining room. Yes, I know that many houses don't have dining rooms today for one reason or another but one of my non-negotiables was a large dining room. We love to entertain and we have a large table and I wanted to use it! I also know that our dining room is not painted a "popular" color. Once again, sometimes you get to pick what makes you happy . . .not what is most popular. I actually had a guest who, after several drinks said, "I remember when different colored walls were in style." 


As I've blogged about the different rooms, I keep seeing the places I need more art or more accessories. I could certainly use something on that wall by the window!!

Our dining room hasn't been used much over the last year but in the 7 years we have lived in this house, it has been used a lot!

The blue checked cloth above is from tableclothsfactory.com and it is a "use it" and "throw it in the washer and dryer" tablecloth. I have quite a few of those to use on Tuesday nights when we host the young professionals for dinner.



The two pictures above are from my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party several years ago. The theme was "a few of her favorite things." She loves books and flowers and caramel cake and nuts and we even had a life size cardboard cut out of Colin Firth.

This picture is from a baby shower - Vroom! Vroom!

Someone's birthday?

This was from a bridal tea for one
of our closest friends.

This was another view from the
bridal shower - lots of lemons
and lots of yellow.

This was a table in process for another baby boy
shower. I used all sorts of paper mustaches for this
baby bow shower!

Mardi Gras - probably a Fat Tuesday pancake
dinner for the young adults!


As you can see, we truly use our dining room. Does your house have a dining room or do you just have a large eat in space in your kitchen/family room? If you have a dining room, do you use it?

4 comments:

  1. I do have a dining room and it used to get used a lot. Looking forward to using it more now that life is returning to something a bit more normal. I love all your decorations and settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the entertaining you do in your dining room! Lovely room!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete