Monday, March 12, 2018

Baking on a Saturday Morning . .

Saturday morning, I was up early . . .ran a couple of errands . . .and when I got home, I started baking. The wedding (dear daughter and future son-in-law) is in the middle of May and rather than a groom's cake, we are having mini pecan pies. I'm doing a trial run to make sure they freeze well. I do not know how I cooked before I had this kitchen. I love spreading the ingredients out on the counter and island.

To me, the best pecan pie is from the recipe on the bottle of dark Karo syrup. It is a GOOD basic pecan pie - no fancy additions. We are talking eggs, butter, vanilla, sugar, karo syrup, and pecans.


I like to cover the counter with either wax paper or parchment paper - makes clean up so much easier.


Yes, you do see Pillsbury pie crusts in the pictures. I think Pillsbury's crust rivals home-made and it is a heck of a lot easier. I used that big clear plastic glass to cut out the circles of dough.


I love the portrait feature on the IPhone X - looks like I'm taking the picture below with a very  nice camera BUT I was using my phone.


Every year, I buy a LOT of pecans from the local high school dance team. I've been buying from different girls for years and these are THE BEST pecans.



I baked three dozen mini pies and only two fell apart - so, 34 pies for the first day of baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment