Monday, August 31, 2026

Weekend in Review

On Friday, Mark was kind and went with me to the church to set up for an event. When we completed that task, we headed to REI at The Summit. Mark bought three pair of performance pants and I bought one pair.

Trader Joe's has a location in the same shopping area, so we headed to the store. We had decided that we would make WW pizzas for dinner. If you combine 1/2 cup of plain fat free Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of self-rising flour (I use White Lily), you can make delicious pizza crust that is healthier than normal. On top of my small amount of Rao's red sauce, I added turkey pepperoni and fat free mozarella, along with a few chopped onions and sliced green olives. 
Mark doesn't like red sauce so we sprayed his crust with avocado oil and he added cheese and hard salami and two kinds of olives, a pepper from his plant, and some pepperoncinis. They were delicious. I also ordered groceries which were delivered about the time the pizza came out of the oven - of course, right?

On Saturday morning, I headed to my WW meeting. I've stayed within two pounds of my goal weight since the end of June. I keep thinking that I will post before and after photos and talk about my journey, but I haven't found enough courage yet :-)

I ran by Walmart to pick up the things I couldn't order. I headed home to ride the bike and eat lunch. Then I took my car to the car wash! It was filthy!!


In and aroundall of the other things, I also did homework. I really liked the lecture below from my Methods of Research class.


I liked this lecture, too!


On Saturday night, we met our son, daughter-in-law, oldest granddaughter, and friend for dinner at the Pita Stop Express. My food was yummy!


Our granddaughter needed dessert. This piece of chocolate cake was massive. Mark and our daughter-in-law ordered baklava.


I was at work by 6:45 a.m. on Sunday morning. Sometimes my job includes fun things like helium balloons.


The ministry fair falls under my job description.


Mark helped me put the tablecloths on (Friday's job!).


I think it went well!


Sunday afternoon, this memory popped up on Facebook. I can't believe it was 18 years ago. This was when Glenn and Laura were in college. Glenn and Mark roasted a whole pig for the Wesley Foundation.


So what did you do this weekend?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment