Thursday, August 27, 2026

Last Weekend . . .seems so long ago!

 So . . .Mark bought a new tractor for the farm! He and his twin brother and their cousin are the new owners of a brand new John Deere tractor. Isn't she pretty?



While Mark was meeting the John Deere delivery people, I was working hospitality at Party in the Lot which is our annual back to school bash.


We had fog bubbles again - like we did during VBS.


We are able to close the street between the church and the parking lot which gives us lots of room. Before the night was over, there were LOTS of people.
We had a free dinner of burgers or PBJ's, chips, cookie, cuties (oranges), and a drink. Everyone is welcome - all of our neighbors!


As I was driving home that night, the sun was setting and it was so beautiful.


Mark sent this photo to me with the caption "greed will kill you." The photo was originally "live" so you could see movement. The greedy bass was dead, but the bream he tried to eat was alive!


Meanwhile, two hours south our middle granddaughter was participating in cheer photos.



Friday was Mark's birthday and I treated him to dinner at Tres Luna, a locally owned restaurant. Our food was yummy. I have no idea who these people are, but I was snapping a photo of the bar. Let me just say that this place was packed.


My sister gave him a gift card, but she also sent him some lotto tickets. We love getting the tickets as part of our gifts. He didn't win anything . . .


Our friend mailed a picture to him and said the gift was on its way. The shirt has a picture of a tractor on the back and the front says, "Life is Good."


We left Birmingham at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning and drove two hours south to see that cutie patootie cheer at her jamboree. There are 47 cheer leaders - K, 1, and 2nd grades. Those little boys are already playing tackle football!


It was another HOT Saturday. Very hot - not a stitch of make up on that hot face!


The girls were doing their halftime cheer (below). The tent was in the way, but we could see our girl on the left hand side.


We went back to their house for about an hour but they had a full day of plans. The grandgirls all love pops - they were playing with sparkly slime.


This one had a NASTY cold. I won't describe what was coming out of her nose, but it was gross.


I worked Sunday morning and taught Sunday School and then had to go back for a nominations/lay leadership meeting at 4:00. Our supper club was meeting at 6:00 and our friends live near the church. Needless to say, I was the first guest.
Look at the beer . . .Bigfoot!


We were going with a Mediterranean theme - host grilled lamb steaks/chops and chicken. I made the charcuterie board and it was really pretty and good!


I am running on fumes this week. I hope all of you are doing well!!











3 comments:

  1. Awwww.... such sweet memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on the run constantly! I don't see how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big barleywine fan but sometimes Bigfoot is hard to come by. Hope they liked it. Good luck recovering; I too am almost on E!

    ReplyDelete