Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and was published on WTIT: The Blog. Bev steals all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Cheers to all of us thieves!

Stolen From Mantelligence

 

1. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say? Stop killing each other. Be kind to one another. Think before you speak . . .or think before you write on social media.

 

2, If your food is bad at a restaurant, would you say something? It depends. One time we were in Las Vegas, and I was served chicken that was still raw. I did send it back but I didn’t want them to “cook it more” and return it. I’ve always felt like the people in the kitchen would probably spit on your food when you return it! We’ve eaten some wonderful meals in restaurants, and we’ve eaten some not so great meals over the course of our lifetimes. One time, years ago, we were eating in a restaurant and the rubberband from the green onions was in my salad. I did show it to the server and they comped my salad.

 

3.What is in your fridge right now? Diet Pepsis, Diet Ginger Ale, beer, cream, almond milk, eggs, cheese, lettuce, Grey Goose Vodka, sliced turkey, lots of condiments, and a whole bunch of other stuff. We really miss having our big fridge and our extra garage fridge, but we’ve made do.

 

4.What are you freakishly bad at? I’m one of those people whose face says it all, so I guess I’m bad at covering up how I really feel. I will say that over the last 20 years I’ve improved. Since I work in a church I hear all sorts of things and I have to work hard to keep a neutral face and I don’t always succeed.

 

5. Where do you not mind waiting? Give me a chair on the beach with an umbrella, in case the sun gets too hot, with a cooler of water and Diet Pepsis (and a bathroom nearby) and cold margaritas and a few snacks and a good book or two and I could wait all day.

 

6. What’s something you’ve tried, that you’ll never, ever try again? When I turned 40, I wanted to learn to play the guitar. I bought a guitar and I took lessons for a few months. I learned how to play “Ode to Joy” and decided playing the guitar wasn’t for me. I’m probably done with guitars though it was fun.

 

7. If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? Wow – that is a tough question. The thing that popped into my head is controversial and I don’t usually post ANYTHING controversial on my blog but . . .I wish they had never invented the electric chair. I have mixed emotions about the death penalty but the electric chair seems to be cruel and inhumane especially since they’ve had some terrible mishaps. If we have death as a punishment, the lethal injection seems much more humane. (This is not really a discussion of whether we have the death penalty or not. This is simply my opinion on the electric chair.)

 

8, If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be? We’ve been watching the new season of Ted Lasso (love that show) and we just finished Shrinking. I think it would be fun to be part of the “work family” on Ted Lasso. I’m not sure where I would fit in on Shrinking either but it might be fun.

 

9. What would be the best thing about not having a sense of smell? The best thing would be to never have to smell things like poop or vomit! In our family, I’ve always been known as the one with a super sense of smell – like a super power . . .or a super curse. I could smell a yucky baby diaper from across the room. Mark would say, “come smell of this” because my sense of smell was so much better than his. Back in July, I had emergency sinus surgery and my sense of smell has not been the same. I don’t smell as many things and for some of those things (cat litter box), that has been a blessing but there are some things that I can’t smell that I miss.

 

10. Would you rather live (permanently) in a roller coaster park or in a zoo? One of my good friends grew up living in the zoo! Seriously, her dad was the . . .maybe zookeeper? They had a house on the grounds of the Birmingham Zoo. I didn’t know her back then but a few years ago, I went in the house because it is now used as a venue. I need to ask her if it was ever quiet at the zoo or if the animals made noise all night long. I think I would choose zoo but I do love riding roller coasters.

picture from their website

11. When scrolling through social media, do you prefer posts from celebrities or from your best friends? I only follow a few celebrities and several of my closest friends never post on social media. I do have FOMO when I see that folks I know are out and about doing fun things . . . if I’m stuck at home for whatever reason.

 

12. What makes someone a hero? My first thought is a hero is someone who “saves the day.” I know the true meaning is someone who is really strong and courageous and fights adversity but sometimes I think my simple idea might be better. The hero is the person who can unjam the stupid copier when no one else can. The hero is the person who can give you advice about your computer when you are ready to throw it away. The hero is the person who shows up at your house when you need help.

 

13. What is the stupidest thing you’ve done because someone dared you to? When I was about six years old, I was playing at the neighbor’s house. We had a gas stove in our house so I didn’t know anything about an electric stove. She turned the stove on and the burner was glowing such a beautiful shade of red. She dared me to touch it. I did and it hurt like hell.

photo borrowed from the internet
OUCH! THAT'S HOT!

14. What is the stupidest thing you’ve done on your own free will? Over 64 years, I’ve made some pretty stupid choices and done some really stupid things. I learned the hard way that it is stupid to talk about someone (unless the person you are talking to can be trusted above all others) because it will always come back and bite you in the butt. Can you tell I’ve made that stupid mistake?

 

15. Would you rather have unlimited sushi for life or unlimited tacos for life? Unlimited tacos for the win. My husband would probably pick sushi!!

Did The All Capital Letters In The Questions Drive Anyone Else Crazy? I had to correct them!

11 comments:

  1. Death penalty: that would be a hornet's nest, couldn't it? (For the record, I'm opposed to it altogether; the number of people in the US who have been wrongly convicted of serious crimes, then exonerated 10, 20, 30 years later is astonishing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard and read of those kinds of incidents and that is horrifying to me, too!

      Delete
  2. Since I work in a prison and deal with the commitment papers/court papers/Arrest reports etc, I shall refrain from the Death Penalty thought. But I will say, give me tacos and eww on sushi, grin. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum on tacos! I cannot even imagine working in a prison. I truly can't.

      Delete
  3. I am all in on tacos!! Interesting questions today! Have a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I say things because I know the other person will hear. I can always deny I said it. :-) I don't do that often, though. It's a good lesson, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not stupid you touched the heat, because you didn't know it. It was not wise to trust someone who would enable you to hurt yourself.

    I think humans shouldn't take a life at all. None! Why lower yourself to the level of a murderer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. You reminded me that when I was about three, I put my hand on the stove. I was afraid of heat for the longest time after that - like, decades.

    ReplyDelete