Saturday, April 1, 2023

Sunday Stealing from Tuesday Four

 Here we are back to the weekend and Sunday Stealing. Bev finds the questions and we answer and link up.

1.Are you currently reading a book you'd like to tell us about? Maybe a TV program you can recommend to us? I am currently studying for my final exam so all day Saturday, I was reading from “Exploring the Bible” by Stephen L. Harris. I am taking Survey of the Old Testament which has been fascinating. I just finished Someone Else’s Life: a thriller on my kindle.

2. Are you a Jane Austen fan? So many seem to be. If you are, what is your favorite book and who is your favorite character.  If you aren't a fan, is there an author you especially like to read? Favorite character, etc.? I’m not a huge Jane Austen fan. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law went through a Pride and Prejudice phase so I did watch all of those with them at some point. I read a variety of authors – I love James Patterson and Faye Kellerman and Jonathan Kellerman and Janet Evanovich and Jana DeLeon. I love different characters in different series. Grandma Mazur in Janet Evanovich’s books, along with Lula, are pretty great. I love a lot of the characters in the Jana DeLeon books.

3.  How do you spend your time during the day?  Do you set apart time to read, watch TV, study? I work Sunday through Thursday so I’m busy doing various tasks from greeting people to making appointments to scheduling events, etc. On the nights Mark is home, we try to watch about an hour of TV together. I love to read so I sometimes read while I eat my lunch at my desk. I study a lot, too. Right now I’m studying every day. Sometimes I just study 3 or 4 days a week.

4. Have your beliefs changed in your life time? Yes, they have. I find I am more open now and less rigid than when I was younger. I am a Christian and I am a big believer in God’s grace.

5. What are your interests and hobbies? reading? writing? collecting? I love to read. I enjoy writing but don’t seem to make enough time for it. I collect dust bunnies hahahaha! Just kidding. I don’t think I collect anything.

6 How much time a week/day/month do you devote to your interests? I probably don’t devote enough time to my interests. I’m going to try to take my final early so that I can have a longer break between now and when the next semester begins (end of May?). I try hard to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes. I try to read a little every day. I am not always sleepy when Mark is ready to go to bed so sometimes I carve out a few minutes to read or study after he goes to sleep.

7. Do you share your interests with anyone? Mark and I have very different interests so we don’t share many. We both love to entertain and have friends over and we haven’t done that much in the apartment.

8.Tell us why you enjoy your hobby, pastimes or interests. Most of them bring me joy. Exercise makes me healthier. None of my hobbies, pastimes, or interests bring in any income.

9. What emotions and feelings does summer conjure up for you? I love the water – be it pool, lake, beach . . .and there is something about sitting on the sand or by the pool and feeling the breeze blow your hair . . .it is a “feel good” moment.

10. What's summer weather like in your neck of the woods? Hot as hell. Enough said. Actually, you know me. I have more words. It is humid as hell. Sometimes in the summer you can walk out the door and you feel like someone has thrown a wet blanket over your head. We love it when we get a day or two of lower humidity in the summer. Even though it is hot, it is quite lovely if you can be near (or in) water.

11. Got some special summer meals you and your family enjoy? I don’t know about meals but summertime is fresh fruits and vegetables here in Alabama. We have amazing peaches. I love watermelon and corn on the cob. I love fresh squash and fried okra (now in the air fryer). I can’t forget fresh pink eye purple hull peas and sliced tomatoes. Yum Yum!!

12. What do you enjoy doing in summer? Sports, trips, do you go on vacation? From my previous answers, you can tell that I like to be near water. Our neighborhood pool is within walking distance of our apartment (and house) and I hope to use it more this year. When our kids were growing up, we went to Orange Beach every year for a week in the summer. I don’t know if that is going to work out this year. Mark found a few old pictures somewhere the other day and they just happened to be from one of our family beach trips when the kids were in either high school or early college.




13. Did your parents have things better than you today? I don’t think so. I know they had to worry about money but they didn’t talk about it in front of us. I was probably an adult before I realized how tough they probably had it. We have a pretty nice life.

14. What time period would you rather live in or are you okay with today? I’m good with today.

15. What changes would you make for our time to make it nicer/better to live in? I was reading Myra’s blog earlier today and she said the waffle house employees had on shirts that said, “be kind.” I would like to change our culture to be one where people are kind to each other. I’m so tired of ugliness.


13 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm goodish with today. I'm definitely more tolerant religiously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved James Patterson until he became a writing factory. In interview he says he loves creating plots and having someone else do the writing for him. Have you tried Harlan Coben. I've read all his books and love them all, especially the Myron Bolitar series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harlan Coben is a favorite of mine too.

      Delete
    2. I need to try a Harlan Coben! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. You were more adventurous than I was today. I skipped this one. Have a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I was adventurous . . .I needed a mental break from studying and stopped and did this last night!

      Delete
  4. Grandma Mazur has made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion! I also enjoy Jonathan Kellerman's books, but haven't heard of Jana DeLeon. I'll have to investi*google that one!
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma Mazur is too funny. I have been sitting in waiting rooms and have found myself laughing out loud !! I hate when you sneak a peek and people are looking at you!! Jana DeLeon is easy funny reading.

      Delete
    2. Louisiana LongShot is the first book in the series by Jana DeLeon. Sometimes she lets other people write a "story" so make sure you get her books - there are a bunch of them and I've read the whole series.

      Delete
  5. I would like to see a kinder, gentler world, too. People seem to thrive on mean these days, and I don't know why. I guess being mean is easier than being nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that there are days that I am worn out from being nice hahaha! Seriously -- maybe you are right.

      Delete
  6. I agree about sitting next to a pool. The ocean is better - I love walking along a beach or just sitting listening to and watching the waves.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete