Wednesday, February 24, 2021

in the can hodgepodge

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 409

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer in the comments below or copy and paste the questions on your own blog then join us over at Joyce's blog to share your answers with everyone!

  1. Your favorite cleaning product? Do you clean your own house or hire out? Most disliked household chore? What one chore do you not mind so much? I have a wonderful person who has cleaned our house for years. As a matter of fact, she comes every Tuesday. My favorite cleaning product is one that another blogger recommended. This carpet cleaner removed several old stains where our cat threw up! It is pretty miraculous. I cannot stand to clean the shower -- hair totally freaks me out - as in makes me gag! hahaha!  I don't mind loading the dishwasher and most of the time I don't mind doing laundry.



 2. It's Canned Food Month...do you use a lot of canned goods? What are the three canned items you purchase most often? Last thing you made using a canned ingredient? Our dinner on Tuesday night included canned tomato sauce (in a recipe). I imagine the top three would be canned diced tomatoes, Italian green beans, and fat free cream of mushroom soup. I use canned goods but of course, I prefer fresh.

 3. Can of worms, anything can happen, can you imagine?, as best I can, kick the can down the road, more than one can take, no can do, not if I can help it...choose an idiom and tell us how you currently relate. It is rare for me to not have an answer but I don't think I do! Let's see . . .no can do get a shot . . .not grammatically correct hahaha! I want a shot and am not quite old enough (that is both good (I'm not old enough) and bad (I'm not old enough)!).

4.The last Tuesday in February is National Spa Day. Are you someone who enjoys a day at the spa? Last time you visited a spa? Do you have a favorite spa? Are salons open for business in your area? Have you made changes to your hair and nail routine since Corona hit? In what way? I've never been for an actual spa day. I love to get a pedicure. I love to go to the hair salon and have my hair washed, colored, and combed/styled. Our nail salons are open with social distancing and masks. Our hair salons are open. Everyone is supposed to wear masks but sometimes people don't. I've worn double masks! Pre-covid I had a pedicure every two weeks. I've been stretching out the time and when I go, I double mask. I love a good massage and pre-covid we had a massage therapist who came to the church every two weeks and we could take our 15 minute break and go get a massage. She charged each of us a very reasonable fee and I miss those massages so much!  I had to go 12 weeks at the beginning of the pandemic to get a haircut/color. I normally go every 5 weeks. I don't like roots to show and my hair is pretty white around my face. This was the first time back in the salon and I whipped the mask off long enough for a picture. Since then, I don't think I've taken my mask off a single time in any public setting.


 5. Believe it or not this is the last Hodgepodge of the month. In one sentence sum up your February. 
How could it possibly be the end of February? I love that there is more light in each day!!

 6. Insert your own random thought here. We were able to be with our grandgirls this weekend. It was wonderful and I love the picture below. Our daughter snapped the pic of us in the park in front of our house. I actually think I might have some other deep random thoughts going on in my head but whatever they are will have to be written on another day.




15 comments:

  1. I keep coloring my hair myself and I found this spray that you can spray on your roots when the gray starts to appear.
    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never colored my own hair. I've always been afraid I would mess it up hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to see the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally go about every six to eight weeks but went about 10 when the pandemic first began. I am so glad to be back to my regularly scheduled coloring. Some people look lovely with their natural color but I am not one of them. My mom is 90 and still 'blonde' : ) I plan to be the same. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my stylist reopened his salon, he did not mandate masks and none of his stylists wore them. I hate them so was happy to not wear one at all. I did wear one when I got my manicure because the owners preferred. That is interesting because both salons are in the same building. Now that I have moved, my new salon is following the state mandate. I hate it, but try to be compliant and responsible. I will never wear two! But neither do I plan to get the vaccine. Each to his own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is interesting that two places in one building would have different rules.

      Delete
  5. That's a great photo of walking with the grands! Sweet. I'm glad you could be together. If we had carpets I'd track down that cleaner! Hope the rest of February goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed today that it is staying lighter out longer :) Glad you could get together with your grandgirls, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,

    February is a short month but it really zipped by this time. I'm thankful for warmer weather returning to the area. I know everything is unstable and it'll feel like a roller coaster before it settles out for good but I'll take it when it comes. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of you with your grandchildren is so sweet!
    I agree--I love that the days are getting lighter and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our snow has almost disappeared.
    I am definitely a Springtime Gal.
    I'm an oldie but goodie and am on the waiting list
    for the vaccine.
    I wear a mask when in public.
    I used to color my hair but that was a long time ago
    and now I am just my natural color.
    Have a good day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last photo is priceless.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started coloring my hair but then thought, why? So I'm letting it gray naturally! :)

    ReplyDelete