Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Happy Hearts Hodgepodge

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then join us over at From This Side of the Pond and add your link to the party. See you there!

Fro  1. Something little you are loving right now?</p><p>2. Red roses or pink peonies? Red wine or pink lemonade? Red lipstick or pink polish? A cotton candy colored sky or a fiery red sunset? A book-movie-or song you love with pink or rd in it's title? </p><p>3. What's something you currently have your heart set on doing-going-seeing-experiencing? </p><p>4. Who would you most love a heart to heart with right now? Is that possible? </p><p>5. Write and acrostic for the word L-O-V-E.</p><p>6. Insert your own random thought here. </p><p style=

1. Something little you are loving right now? fresh cherries!!

2. Red roses or pink peonies? Red wine or pink lemonade? Red lipstick or pink polish? A cotton candy colored sky or a fiery red sunset? A book-movie-song you love with the word red or pink in it's title

Pink peonies

pink lemonade

pink polish

do you see a trend here?

We get to see the sunrises from our house but I do love a good fiery red sunset.

Does "the theme from Pink Panther" count? For years (seriously) I had the theme from the Pink Panther as my ringtone.

3. What's something you currently have your heart set on doing-going-seeing-or experiencing?

Getting our vaccinations - lame, right? My husband is in the age group for right now and we have NOT been able to get an appointment anywhere for him to get a shot. We have filled out two or three online forms.

My heart is also set on a family vacation in June and I desperately hope it works out where we can go. 

4. Who would you most like to have a heart to heart with right now? Is that possible? 

I would love to have a heart to heart with my parents! My mom died when I was 15 and my dad died when I was 25. I would love to have a long conversation with them. I have a bunch of questions I would ask!! My mom was raised for most of her life by someone other than her mother and I would love to ask questions about that. My dad served in World War II and I never asked about that when he was alive.  

5. Write an acrostic for the word L-O-V-E. 

I love this one by Frank Sinatra.

L is for the way you LOOK at me.

O is for the ONLY ONE I see

V is VERY VERY extraordinary

E is EVEN more than anyone that you adore can

and this one

For God so Loved the world

that he gave his Only begotten son

that whosoever belieVeth in him should not perish

but have Everlasting life

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Since daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter live a couple of hours away, I rarely get to experience "firsts." I was able to spend the night with them on Friday night and I bought a package of jumbo crayons and a coloring book with one large image per page and we colored together! She is 18 months old and sat still for about 30 minutes which was pretty amazing! Our other granddaughter will be 5 soon and I ordered a FUN birthday present for her today!! We gave her a couple of Target finds for an early Valentine gift and she loved both of them.







9 comments:

  1. It may be ok for your vacation in June, from what I hear. Guess it also depends on where you're headed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my visit here today. We are getting our vaccines on Saturday. Cute pics of your grands! I miss my parents too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we never stop missing those we love

      Delete
  3. So cute! I still like to color : ) I hope your vacation plans work out. We were supposed to go to Mexico in April for a wedding which was rescheduled for the states. We were really excited about a beach holiday but I am sure the logistics were a headache for the bride and groom. This will be fun too, just no toes in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those acrostics, Lisa. Sinatra ... yesssss. 😍 I, too, would give anything to have a heart-to-heart with my parents. Nevertheless, I still 'talk' to one or both of them just about every day.
    Beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was down your way last weekend! I drove down to visit daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter!

      Delete
  5. LOL... I picked the Pink Panther theme too! How funny is that!?? Great acrostics and those grandgirls are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, rats, I didn't write my hodgepodge post yet. Tomorrow!! Glad for the reminder. Enjoyed your answers. Pink, huh? And the Pink Panther. Such silly, fun movies.
    Love the large image coloring book. Was just looking for something similar for my one year old granddaughter. Her almost 5 year old sister is quite the artist and little bit wants to do what big sister does. Our granddaughters are almost the same ages. High five!!

    ReplyDelete