Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Going to the chapel (I mean church!), anniversaries, twins, make-up, pies . . .and on and on and on!

On Sunday, I shared about the wedding gown, our precious (yes, I'm prejudiced) flower girl (and boy!). Last Tuesday, I shared about our photographer, the cake, and the florist.

The wedding was held in our church - Laura was baptized and confirmed in this church and now married in this church.





My husband has been a member of this church his whole life and I've been a member for over half of my life. . . almost 2/3 of my life, now that I think about it!

Rev. David Thompson officiated at the wedding. Jamie McLemore played the organ. He can make our organ sing! He is a well known organist in town and it just so happens that we went to high school together. Scott Brooks was the soloist and he sang "How Beautiful" and was accompanied by Anna Underwood . . .who just happened to be the maid of honor! When you have a wedding at our church, you have to use one of our wedding directors and Kelly Johnson was the wedding director and she did an awesome job.


I'm throwing in a couple of fun photos today. Laura's wedding day just happened to be our wedding anniversary and also the groom's parent's anniversary. Laura is quite crafty and she painted a chalk board for each of us to hold with our wedding dates. I think this is a fun picture but even more fun . . .


the bride is a twin (twin brother to the left of her) and the father of the bride is a twin (guess which ones are identical!) and the mother of the groom is a twin (pictured on the far right) -- isn't that fun?

Do y'all remember those pecan pies I was baking? They turned out just right! I ordered some trays from Amazon and had some other acrylic trays from hosting previous showers and loaded all of that up in the car and delivered it to the reception venue. Just FYI - these pies freeze beautifully. I didn't eat one but everyone who did said they were awesome.



I didn't tell you about the party favors. Thank you to my sister, Becky, for helping me tie all of these ribbons onto all of these bottles. Scott's granddaddy worked for Coca-Cola and so the party favors were in memory of his granddaddy.




I haven't told you about Holly Craft! She was the person who came to the church and did our hair and make-up. I want her to come and do my make up every single day of the year. She is awesome. I don't wear a lot of make up so I told her that I wanted to be me 2.0 and she made us all look amazing.



Let me tell you about another vendor -- Coats Classic Cars. Laura wanted to surprise Scott and we actually searched for the kind of car he had years ago (I can't remember what kind now!) but had no luck. Laura found Coats Classic Cars and we rented the Elwood as a surprise. The driver was waiting for them as they exited the church and then he stayed at the reception and took them to their hotel. The weather was glorious and it was the perfect day for riding in a convertible! This company was easy to work with and the car was excellent and the driver courteous! Perfect get away car!



I need to check with the bride but I think I've covered everyone and everything except the reception venue and it was so awesome that we wanted them to have a whole blog post!







5 comments:

  1. What an incredible coincidence, having the same anniversaries and now, a third! Blessed!
    Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! All this lovely wedding delight! Such a special day and I can see all the happy on everyone's faces. And the coincidences! Are you glad it's finally over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting y'all . . .it was such a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool car!

    That is really interesting that you and your husband and the groom's parents have the same anniversary. I mean, what are the chances of that! Different years? Or the same?

    How fun that "the kids" chose that day too.

    Wow, to have been in the same church all one's life. That is pretty amazing!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti - the car was indeed cool!! Different years - we've been married 34 years and they've been married longer - I thought the chalkboards were so clever. Yes, it is pretty amazing to be in the same church . . .and not just "a member" but active members.

    ReplyDelete