Monday, July 26, 2010

hyperventilate? me?

Yes, I did hyperventilate this morning at 4:30 when our 10 foot long mirror fell from the wall. The crash was one of the loudest sounds you can imagine. The sound was so loud, that I actually thought our upstairs had crashed through the ceiling of our bathroom. After screaming, I jumped out of bed and flipped on the bathroom light to see this:
Then the strangest thing happened. I could not catch my breath. I was trying to scream and trying to breathe and couldn't do either one. Laura is my hero. She grabbed me and shoved me into a chair, ran into the kitchen and grabbed a bag and shoved it into my face and yelled at me, "Breathe, Mother!"

We have wanted to remove this wallpaper for quite some time and a few months ago, I asked the decorator (my friend, Cindy Davis-Davis Designs) for a quote for painting our bedroom and this bath . . .guess we will be doing it sooner rather than later! As always, Mark also came to the rescue. He rolled one of those giant garbage cans right into our bedroom and scooped up all that broken mirror. He then dragged the shop vac up the basement stairs and vacuumed everything. I wiped everything down with Windex and swiffered the floor. . .all before 5:30 a.m.!! Needless to say, we will all be going to bed early at our house tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Why do things like this always happen in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete