Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Stealing . . .the week before Christmas!!

 

This week’s Sunday Stealing questions are from the League of Ordinary Penpals. Thanks to Bev for stealing them for us:

 

1. My plans for December – Since I work on a church staff, we are gearing up for the big event. We have a bajillion services through Sunday, the 25th and then . . .then I hope to take a week off.

2. How energized I feel at this point in the year – see #1. I’m tired but am looking forward to some great things.

3. The best things about the holiday season – I love all of the lights. Our neighborhood is spectacular right now.

4. Something that changed my perspective on life – Our house caught on fire in July. Things are just things.

5. What I seem to get the most comments about – my smile!

6. The changes I’ve made to my style – I don’t think my style has changed much over the last few years.

7. What gets in the way of my success – me! I get in the way of my success!!

8. News sources I trust the most – I like NPR and the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. We don’t have local TV anymore so I don’t watch the news – I read or listen.

9. Fictional characters that would easily fit into my life – I love to read and when I’m reading a book, I begin to think of the characters and how they would fit in my life. There are quite a few that would fit right in!

10. My relationship with spirituality – I’ve been a Christian most all of my life. We go to church and we pray before meals. Most importantly, we try to love everyone. God’s love is for ALL.

11. How I feel when I’m being retrospective – I have no idea how to answer this one so I’m going to read everyone else’s answers!!

12. My thoughts on AI technology – Siri and I are best friends. Seriously, I voice text and ask Google questions and ask Siri to call folks every day.

13. The odd/weird things I do when nobody else is around – why would I tell you if I want to do it when no one else is around? Seriously, I have no idea!! I sometimes sing out loud when I’m alone – I don’t sing well!!

14. What I do when I can’t sleep – I pray the alphabet. I start with A and I pray for everyone I know whose name begins with A and so on. I rarely make it to Z. Sometimes I do slow breaths in . . .and slow breaths out. I also say to myself (in my head) – don’t think . . .don’t think . . . because if I start thinking, I’ll be awake all night.

15. The winter/holiday season tasks I enjoy – I enjoy baking for others (when I have time) and I enjoy decorating for Christmas (once again, when I have time). There are a couple of special church services I really enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. My mind is always going a million miles a minute when I want to fall asleep--I start off counting and then lose count, grin...indeed, agreeing with your #4, tragedy does change one's perspective...losing our son last Dec. def. changed ours. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart hurts for you thinking about the loss of your son. My mind is going a million miles a minute tonight . . .and I may have to do some serious breathing, counting, and praying!

      Delete
  2. My mind cannot stop thinking. I figure out a lot of things when I am trying to sleep. I think my mind is slowing down and I can focus on things at that time. That is my processing time. Merry Christmas! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight is one of those nights I wish my mind would "quiet down" so I can go to sleep! I'm tired of processing :-)

      Delete
  3. #9 -- What a great idea! Because I can't really enjoy a book unless I can relate on some level to (at least) one character, I want to do this. #14, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine life is quite hectic at the moment if you are involved in the church.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching jEOPARDY several years ago. This young woman had experienced a house fire but was happy because she didn't have to worry about "stuff" anymore. Alex Trebek, the late host, was bewildered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a society who loves our things. I think our pictures may have made it into storage which is good. I'm sure Alex was bewildered!

      Delete
  6. I enjoy the decorating too but it can feel overwhelming to me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete