Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Stealing on Halloween

 Thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing for today's questions!!

1. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board? Yes – I think our kids had one for a short time and I remember playing with one when I was a teenager.

2. Favorite horror monster or villain? There is a big difference between horror monster and villain. We watched Young Frankenstein last weekend so I guess I’ll go with Frankenstein. I watched Cruella recently and I think she and Ursula would win my favorite villain awards.

3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it? My husband would probably jump at the chance to stay in a haunted house. We stayed at the Elliott House Inn in Charleston and I thought they told us there was a ghost but I can’t find anything online to corroborate my story. Our friends stayed in a hotel one time and they and their twin daughters experienced SOMETHING. We had another friend who felt firmly that her house was haunted and she literally dusted her feet off when they sold it and moved. All that to say, I’m not sure I would stay in a real haunted house (if there is such a thing).

4. Are you superstitious? I try not to be superstitious but every once in while, I will catch myself thinking something superstitious. As a Christian, I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to be superstitious.

5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision? Only real ones – as in my husband or someone at work.

6. Ever made a potion of any sort? I don’t think so . . . but a good Irish coffee is like a potion!!

7. Do you get scared easily? I jump easily. I startle easily. I’m not sure I get scared easily. I tell myself that anyway!!

8. Have you ever played Bloody Mary? I don’t know about Bloody Mary so I’m assuming I haven’t played it. I’m debating on googling it!!

9. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night? I wouldn’t wander around any cemetery here in town because they aren’t safe – from real people not from any other sort of being.

10. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating? We haven’t been invited to a Halloween party in so long – I can’t remember the last time I dressed up. We hosted a Halloween party for our young adults one year and I think I did wear a witches hat. I might need to host a Halloween party next year just so I can go. I love to give out the candy while others trick or treat. I have purchased 1200 pieces of candy . . .and yes, I’ll give out one piece per kid probably.

11. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep. I would be the person who covers her eyes.

12. Favorite scary book? I don’t think I have a favorite scary book. I do read lots of mysteries and thrillers!

13. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie? I was probably a teenager or a young adult. Does The Shining count as a horror movie? I remember going to see that and running to the car afterwards. My daddy forbade me to go see The Exorcist and do you know that I have never watched it to this day? It was a rare thing for my daddy to forbid something and he has been dead over 30 years . . .and I still don’t want to watch it.

14. What was your first Halloween costume? I’m 63 years old – I have no idea what costume I wore. I remember having some costumes with those weird masks with eye wholes and the string to go around the back of the head . . .oh those masks were hot! I also remember dressing as a hobo one time which would be politically incorrect today. I remember dressing as a cat when I was a young adult – black leotard and tights, a stuffed homemade tail, and homemade ears.

15. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick? Could I have a talking owl, please? Or a talking black cat like Thackery Binx in Hocus Pocus.

You didn’t ask but Hocus Pocus is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I’m going to see if it is on Amazon Prime or something this afternoon.

I would love for you to come back and visit tomorrow and read my last long post on our recent trip to Ireland.

Last but not least, Happy Halloween from our house to yours!!



15 comments:

  1. Oh, I think The Shining DEFINITELY qualifies as horror. That's my book pic as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I remembered about the movie . . .I agree - definitely horror!

      Delete
  2. Yep, the Shining sure qualifies. Funny, there was so much build-up to the Exorcist, when I saw the movie it felt anti-climatic. What DID scare the stuffing out of me was The Omen. Both the movie and the book seemed plausible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about The Omen until I read your comment - I saw it, too. I just had a shiver thinking about that movie!!

      Delete
  3. we're a bit alike... I like hocus pocus too... but horror, no way
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weekend, I actually saw a cute "blow up" Halloween decoration in someone's yard that was the three witches from Hocus Pocus - so cute!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've watched it so many times . . .I might be able to quote it!

      Delete
  5. 1200 trick or treaters. I can't imagine. I've lived in my house since 1987 and never once had a trick-or-treater. Rural area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! 1200 kids?!!! Oh my gosh. I can't even imagine. I think the most we ever had was around 80. Do please let us know how many you actually had! Looking forward to your next post on Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 1520 pieces of candy. For the first 500-600, we gave out one piece. In the last 45 minutes, we gave out 2 pieces to most of the kids so I guess that means we had slightly upward of 1,000 trick or treaters last night. They come in waves. At one point, I was handing out candy with both hands. One of our young adults comes and helps me and she had stepped away for a moment. All of the kids were so polite!

      Delete
  7. Bloody Mary...I could never bring myself to do it and I will not even look in the mirror in the dark...funny. I had friends that enjoyed that stuff when I was a kid. Loved your answers! Hope you had a very Happy Halloween!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look up Bloody Mary . . .it sounds really scary!!

      Delete
  8. Adult costumes...I also dressed as a cat once.

    ReplyDelete