Wednesday, November 18, 2020

M I C . . .K E Y . . .M O U S E

Today is Tuesday so it must be time for a hodgepodge of answers! Visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond, copy and paste the questions, answer on your own blog, and link up!

 It's Mickey Mouse's birthday (November 18)...happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?

Happy birthday to Mickey!! I’ve been to Disneyworld 2 times. When our twins were almost 9 we met my sister and her husband and son (also 9) at Disney – they flew in from one part of the country and we flew in from Alabama. We had adjoining rooms and stayed a week. We had so much fun! Then a year or so later, Mark had a meeting at Disney and we checked the kids out of school and flew down with him. This trip was in late October and there were no lines. The kids rode Space Mountain about 12 times in a row. Both trips were awesome. I would enjoy going to Disney again but I’m not sure that Mark would want to go again.

Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse? 

Since I work in a church and we have had many church mice over the years I may have chuckled out loud when I read this question. One time I moved a piece of furniture in my office and found a mouse SKELETON. Another time, a mouse ran across my desk while I was working! Sorry – I am off topic! When I want to be quiet as a church mouse, I might go sit in the empty sanctuary. I’m not sure about my answer to the second question. I think I might come across as a mighty mouse.

The day before Mickey's birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread?What's your favorite kind of bread? 

I had no idea that there was a holiday for homemade bread so we didn’t celebrate. I don’t bake my own bread. I have made bread over the years but it is too hard to resist fresh baked bread. There is a frozen bread dough that you can purchase and I probably baked a loaf of that bread over  a year ago! Remember I live in the south? I did make cornbread on Sunday night and on Monday night to go in the freezer to use for my dressing on Thanksgiving day. On Sunday night, we both had a little slice and then Mark had a piece from the pan last night! Hot cornbread with butter is delicious. We do NOT put sugar in our cornbread. I’m trying to decide if I have a favorite bread. Good hot yeast rolls are pretty awesome and hot cornbread is really yummy. Does pumpkin bread count? 

What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'? 

Facetime?? I love facetiming with our granddaughters. 

 Let's keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right? 

1.     The family (ha! That is cheating, isn’t it?)

2.     Taco salad

3.     Time with friends this weekend

4.     Trinity UMC (our church!)

5.     Tuesday nights with young professionals 

Insert your own random thought here. 

Today might be Mickey’s birthday but it is also the day our twins were born – 34 years ago!!



 


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your twins! That's way more important than Mickey's birthday!
    I can imagine the solitude and peace of sitting in the empty sanctuary (one reason I love visiting country churches in England).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! I hope to visit England in the next few years. I imagine I would love those country churches, too!

      Delete
  2. Neat, having a ready-made pair of beautiful babies:) Happy Birthday to the twins!

    I think it's finally getting cool enough to turn on the oven and make some of my green chile cornbread. I'm not much of a cook, but this time of year has me imagining I, too, could be Martha Stewart. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cornbread with and without sugar both. I recently made an iron skillet honey cornbread recipe and it was so good. You put a good amount of honey in the batter so the bread was sweet. I like honey on my cornbread anyway so this saves a step : ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever eaten honey on my cornbread. I'll have to try it! We have some fresh local honey - mmmm!

      Delete