Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Hodgepodge - It must be Wednesday!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 392

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog then hop over to From This Side of the Pond and share your answers!

1. Boo, boo-hoo, make a boo-boo, boo(ze)...pick one and tell us how it relates to life lately. This little nugget says a few words and one of her words is “Boo” which is actually what she calls a ghost! I bought a little Halloween book for her a month or so ago and it is now one of her favorites. I read the book about 100 times in 24 hours this past weekend!


2. Do you like the color orange? Would we find this color in your home? Your wardrobe? Peach-pumpkin-tangerine...your favorite shade of the three listed? We love orange at our house – Auburn Tigers orange and blue! Our team is not doing that well this year – we’ve had some wins but they have been ugly wins. This picture is from a couple of years ago and this is my favorite sweatshirt! My son and I were on a hike so it is not a flattering picture of me but it was a fun day!

 


3. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. What's the last chocolate something you tasted? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being out of this world delicious, how would you rate it? I gave up desserts a few years ago but I do like Built Bars which are a high protein bar. The outside of the bars is unsweetened dark chocolate. I’m going to be honest – they are a great substitute for sweets!


4. Life is like a box of chocolates or so says Forrest Gump's mama. Would you agree? Aside from the pandemic fallout tell us one way this saying has played out in your life. You never know what you are going to get in a box of chocolates though I do love the boxes where the types are listed inside the lid! Takes out a lot of guess work!! I think each and every day is a little bit like a box of chocolates. To be honest, I’m a planner and a list maker but every night when I go to bed . . .I really do not know what the next day is going to bring! The day could bring good things or the day could bring hard things but the good news is that God is always with us!

5. As October winds down tell us three things you loved about the month we're bidding adieu. I love October in Alabama. We usually have lots of blue skies and more moderate temps. The high today is 81 and it is gray and cloudy BUT we usually have lots of nice days. I love the crunch of leaves beneath my feet as I walk in the mornings. I love to see the leaves dance in a circle when the wind blows. I love fall decorations – Halloween and Thanksgiving. 


6.  Insert your own random thought here. We had 24 hours with granddaughter #1 and then 24 hours with granddaughter #2 this weekend and it was awesome. Every time we have them, I say a prayer for all of the grandparents out there who are having to raise their grandchildren. They must be so very tired! 

We also made a fun purchase . . . .

The new toy - Mark giving a ride around the 
neighborhood to E and his mom. E has on my jacket 
and Gmom is covered with a beach towel to keep her warm.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I enjoyed my visit here this evening. Funny how the little ones like to hear the same story over and over. I will have to check out that chocolate bar. I like the wreath over your stove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy the built bars at builtbar.com. My hubby says they taste like a candy bar!

      Delete
  2. Nice new toy! I know what you mean about grandchildren tiring you out! Enjoy the last few days of October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun new toy! He'll be all over town in that thing.
    Your grandchildren are so cute! It's fun to have them so near you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about that box of chocolates. No matter how our day turns out, our Lord is with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, thankfully God is still on His throne and always will be. I've been really reminding myself of that fact these past weeks. Golf carts are so fun, y'all will have hours of enjoyment. Happy Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete