Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Thanks again to Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge questions. Visit her blog and copy and paste the questions and your answers in your own blog and then link up with everyone else!!

1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia? 

My mother-in-law has one of those photo frames where the family can send pictures to her. Sometimes when I’m sitting there and those pictures flash up on the screen, I experience nostalgia. I think of those times when my children were younger and I think of the fun we had. For a few moments, I wish we could go back to those days . . .and then I remember how hard it was with twin babies!! Some of the pictures are when our kids were in high school and college. Even though we had lots of drama, I loved those times when all of those young adults would sit around our table and laugh and talk. I guess what I'm saying is that I am sometimes overcome with nostalgia when looking at pictures!

 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? 


This week has been full of National days – daughter day, son day, coffee day! Hubs loves coffee! I don’t drink it. Now . . . if there was a National Diet Pepsi day, I would be all over it! I drink way too many of those because I love them!! We do have a couple of recipes -- We have some rubs that have coffee in them that we put on meat for the smoker. I also have a killer coffee punch recipe that has chocolate ice cream in it. I’ve made it for several morning parties such as bridal showers or baby showers. It is delicious and decadent. Maybe I’m feeling nostalgic as I think of that coffee punch!

 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. 

Praise all the way! I’m a number 1 on the Enneagram and I am my own worst critic. I have a constant voice in my head telling me all the things I have done wrong! I sometimes have a hard time believing praise BUT I do love for someone to tell me I’ve done a good job at something. Sometimes I desperately need praise. That sounds so bad as I type it!!!

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? Since there are no new shows right now . . .we have been watching old series. We watched the entire series of Chuck during the pandemic. We didn’t watch it the first time around. We watch old Friends episodes sometimes and old Seinfield episodes. My mother-in-law watches old Gunsmoke reruns!!! I’m embarrassed to tell you what we are watching now – it is quite ridiculous! 

 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. Happy for cooler days. Hopeful that they will find a vaccine for Covid soon so we can return to family and friend gatherings. Excited because our church is opening back up for limited number in person inside worship.

 6. Insert your own random thought here. I scheduled an appointment with a friend who has a side photography business. She is going to come and take pictures of us with our kids and grandkids in November. Mark and I were gifted a mini session with another local photographer (who is awesome, too) several years ago and had pictures taken with our first granddaughter. I’m looking forward to having pictures with both girls . . and of course, with our kids, too!!

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious what you're watching : ) I'm hoping to get some pics with my grandsons when we're taking wedding photos. They won't attend the wedding, but hoping my daughter's mother in law can bring them to us for a few family pics. Our church still isn't back in person, with the exception of a few very small gatherings mostly outside, ten people. Our state allows more than that, but we're erring on the cautious side as we have a very senior population to consider. I feel like we could easily be back and spaced out in the main sanctuary as it's large, with those at risk not attending in person, but maybe they fear if they open at risk people would feel like they should attend. Still zooming with our Sunday School class too. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having updated family photos will be amazing! I like the show Chuck. I probably should have listed that in my list. My husband and I have watched all the seasons at least 3 times over the years. Your coffee punch with chocolate ice cream sounds really, really good. Coffee and chocolate are definitely 2 of my favorite things.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do like coffee flavoured things so your punch definitely sounds worth a try. I do hope you get your family photos done. We're limited to gatherings of 6 at the moment so no chance of that for us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that photos bring back memories quicker than anything, it brings me back to the moment it was taken.
    Our church recently reopened, though we are not going today, and will miss being with other believers.
    Thank you for sharing, and thank you for visiting and for your sweet comment.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete