Tuesday, May 29, 2018

What's UP Tuesday?

What's up around our house these days? I am planning to write a whole bunch of blog posts about the wedding -- EVERY.SINGLE.VENDOR we used was over the top - excellent - and I want to give them all a shout out!!

This has nothing to do with what we did this weekend but our Sweet Bay Magnolia trees are blooming!



On this Tuesday, I'll just tell you what we've been doing lately. Over the long weekend, I gave thanks for those who fought and died for our country and our freedom. We attended church. We actually had someone take our picture in Sunday School on Sunday because we talked about posting pictures on social media and how everyone else's life looks better . . .There are usually about double this number of folks in our class.


We played with our grandbaby yesterday. She loves the twuck - she wants to get in the twuck. She and Pops were showing me how they play stickers in the twuck. This man had probably never been in a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's and he now makes weekly trips to "the sticker store" to buy new stickers for this baby girl.


I read a lot of fiction over the weekend. I read a whole book on Saturday while I sat in my chair with my feet propped up. Mark was at the farm and I read . . .and read.  The book was a thriller and I was hooked. This was one of the free books I could choose this month as an Amazon Prime member. I don't think I had every read anything by this author before and this is not even what I normally read but . . .


our cat, Harvey hung out with me
on the porch!
I also cut out and sewed ONE WHOLE seam on this tiny little gown. It is a bereavement gown. We had an older member who always made the gowns for us to keep in the church office for these HORRIFIC occasions and we gave away the last gown this year. I have always said that I could NOT make these - under any circumstance!! This weekend, I decided that maybe I should step up to the plate and do something for someone else.


I rode 10 miles a day on my trusty stationary bike!


I began sorting through 34 years of photographs. We pulled pictures for one of the bridal parties and so the buckets have been calling my name. I got totally overwhelmed and actually stacked most of them back up. I was thinking this was a weekend project but it is more like a month long project. Several folks have told me that I need to scan the pictures but they still have to be sorted - either before or after.


The weekend ended with the most incredible rainbow ever. It stretched from one side of the neighborhood to the other and the colors were the brightest I have ever seen. If you look closely, you can see that it was actually a double rainbow!!




What did you do over the long weekend? Rest? Work? Play?

No comments:

Post a Comment