Sunday, January 8, 2017

cabin fever - it is a real thing!

Since we got off work on Thursday afternoon, I've been pretty much holed up in our house . . .and I LOVE our house . . .and I have organized tons of stuff and cleaned out stuff . . .and ironed all my clothes . . .and I've done a million loads of laundry.  I've ridden my stationary bike every day and I've read several books and I've prepared a Sunday School lesson that I didn't teach . . . I've ventured out twice but it is soooo cold.  I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow.  I keep seeing notices of school closings and school delays and I've actually said a prayer for lots of mamas and daddies . . .
I just looked at the weather - the wind chill yesterday was 4 degrees . . . on Thursday, the temp is going to be 69!

Mark drove over to his mom's today and ate lunch with her and I chose not to go.  I probably should have gone with him.  I have decided that I don't think I could live in Alaska.  It would be dark and cold and I would either have to bundle up and hunt for my food and stay inside and get grumpy!  Mark said that alcoholism is high in Alaska . . .I need to check out his facts.  I can see why.

I've read my Bible.  I've written in my journal.  I've read lots of commentaries preparing for Sunday school - I love commentaries!  (this is amazing -- our preachers did a brief devotion online today on the fruit of the spirit . . .that is what I prepared for Sunday School today . . .and I'll teach next week!! -- I love when God weaves things together like that!)


I've come up with unusual recipes because I didn't go to the store before the snow . . .I've even eaten venison. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am VERY happy to have a warm home and warm clothes and books to read and a bike to ride.  My heart hurts for those people and animals who have been outside for the last few days.  Hear me - I am grateful . . .I just have cabin fever!

I've discussed with Mark my route to work tomorrow to avoid icy roads.  Like I said, I've ironed my clothes.  I'm ready!  I have cabin fever!

I found this image online -- it looks happy :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment