Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hodge Podge Wednesday

 Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your emotions tucked in tight?
hmmm. . . good question. I think I wear it on my sleeve. I don’t cry easily but when I do cry, oh my goodness – you better get ready for a three day cryfest!  I do "emote" a lot (is that even a correct way to use that word???) - most people know when I'm happy or sad or annoyed or angry.

How did you meet your closest friend(s)?
Church! I met my best friend, Phella, at the first meeting of a young mother’s support group way back in January of 1987. I thought that she looked like a nice person and I called her and asked for a recipe – always a good conversation starter. Mark and I have been in the same supper club for ten years and those people are my people. I also consider the “girls” at work to be good friends (and I miss Kristi and Jan and Karen). . .and I consider all the ladies in our Sunday school class to be friends . . .I have three friends that go waaaay back – kaye, faye and Karen. We don’t see each other nearly enough. Facebook has been good for keeping up with longtime friends. I can’t leave out my sisters. . . nor those who have gone on to be with Jesus – Susan, Butch, Nancy – gosh, I miss them!

Pink lemonade, grilled salmon, cotton candy, pink grapefruit, a strawberry milkshake, or raspberry sorbet...of the pink foods listed, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Which one have you most recently consumed?
I don’t drink much lemonade – got sick on it when I was pregnant (28 years ago!) and still don’t like it much. I guess the most recently consumed was grilled salmon – Allen McCain cooks some great salmon and I don't normally like salmon!  I think my favorite would be a strawberry milkshake or perhaps pink grapefruit (which I can't eat because of a medicine!).

When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
“tickled pink” makes me think of laughing . . .and I love to laugh. Which time did I laugh out loud on which day would be the question for me. I know that isn't the real meaning . . .I was tickled pink to find out that I like our new preacher (designate) and his wife!. . .since I didn't know them before this last spring, I was a little nervous!  I'm "tickled pink" to work where I work!  I'm "tickled pink" about our new house and new neighborhood.  I WAS "tickled pink" that my sister and nephew spent Christmas at our house.

Are you a fan of television talk shows? Daytime, nighttime, or both? What's your favorite?
I don’t watch a lot of tv . . .not sure I watch any talk shows. I have two favorite shows that I do watch - I know you didn't ask that question!  I love Modern Family and I love Big Bang Theory.  I started watching season one of Downton Abbey last weekend and I like it, too!

When was the last time you wanted to ask a question, but felt too foolish to do so?
probably sometime at work or in Bible study . . .Mark says I speak before I think quite often so I've been trying not to do that . . .sometimes I think "Oh Lord have mercy - I have no clue what those people are talking about!"

My favorite ____________________right now is ____________________.
My favorite cookie right now is a good snicker doodle (from Lunch Box Express!) and right now I should be working (shhh!) but my brain is fried and my nose is running and I stopped for just a moment to do something fun!

Insert your own random thought here. Since we spent a good bit of time on "pink" questions I just have to ask...what is your favorite SHADE of pink? do you wear pink clothing? nail polish? lipstick? I ADORE pink – I especially love rich bright pink! I love pink clothing. One of my favorite outfits from years ago was a pink wool suit jacket and a pink plaid skirt!!  I think I love red more than pink . . .for a while, everything in my closet seemed to be red, black or white!  I have added a few colors over the last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment