Sunday, May 30, 2010

Habitat for Humanity - Women Build 2010

Trinity UMC provided the labor for the Habitat House build on Friday. I've suffered from some elbow problems this year and knew that I couldn't hammer or paint so I called my friend, Laura, who was in charge and asked what could I do. She said to come and bring a cool treat and a camera. So on Friday morning, I stopped at the Pig in Bluff Park and bought 24 bomb pops and put them on ice. I then followed my directions to Wylam Oaks.
I arrived at the home where some of our ladies were loading the left-over sod onto the pickup truck. I arrived in time to see the mouse run out of the sod!!
This is the view of the street. Look at that blue sky!!! Isn't it a pretty street? Looks like a good place to grow up and a good place to make memories.

This is the front view of the house.


These are some of the ladies working on the inside.

Clean up after sod work - a dirty job!
Phella enjoying a popsicle.


Melinda spent her birthday working on the Habitat House. Ladies - y'all were doing a great job!! I know the family is excited about their new home.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great home and a lot of fun! Wish I had more time to help out.

    ReplyDelete