Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Stealing - True or False . . .


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

This week's meme was inspired by FOMA. He shared 10 random true statements. Let's see if they're true of you, too. You can answer with just true or false or give a more elaborate answer, if you're so inspired.

TRUE OR FALSE

1. I'm married. True - 42 years to Mark

2. I'm raising a teenager. False - I have raised teenagers at one time, but our twins will be 40 later this year.

3. I recently vacationed in California. False

4. I have traveled to Asia. True -- I've been to Istanbul . . .half Asia, half Europe and I've been on both sides.

5. I have a dog. False

6. I received money from a class action settlement. True - I started to type false, but I think I remember seeing a small deposit recently that was from some big company. It was basically change and I am not even sure what it was for.

7. I've been in the waiting room when a family member had surgery. True - two stories -- one time Mark's mother had colon cancer and his siblings and spouses, including me, were camped out in her room (not exactly a waiting room). We actually got in trouble because we were laughing too much and were too loud. Another waiting room story - when our son had his colon removed back in January of 2016, so many people came to hang out with us in the waiting room during his surgery. They brought snacks and drinks and just sat with us for hours. ok - one or two more waiting room stories -- waiting on all three granddaughters to be born - exciting times. Actually, our youngest granddaughter's birth day was quite scary. Our daughter had some complications and sweet baby girl did, too, but all is well now!




Seeing the photos above brought tears to my eyes. That was a scary waiting room experience and a scary few weeks. Mark and I burned up I65 north and south during the end of that pregnancy and the first weeks after birth. She is a spitfire two year old now!

8. I have attended a convention. True - quite a few!

9. I subscribe to my local newspaper (either print or online). False. Back when we had the Birmingham News in actual paper form, I was a long-time subscriber. First they went to cheaper paper . . .and I couldn't stand holding it! Then, I realized that I had read whatever news article the day before online.

10. I recently had work done to the exterior of my home. What are our parameters for recent? Mark actually did some heavy washing on the outside of our house a month or two ago. Our house burned in 2022 and was rebuilt in 2023 so we had lots of exterior work then -- from a new chimney, to a new roof, to an all over paint job - that is just the outside. Here are some interior and exterior pictures from the night of and the next day. 










Those pictures brought tears to my eyes, too! The redo is lovely. These were right before we moved back in -- one year and 10 days after the fire.




We are having neighbors over for dinner on Sunday night and this is how the dining room looks today.


Thank you for playing! Please come back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment