Wednesday, December 13, 2023

I've Got So Much Rizz Hodgepodge (not) - hahaha!!

Today is Wednesday so it must be Hodgepodge! Thanks to Joyce for the questions! 

1. Oxford's Word of the Year for 2023 is 'rizz'. Hmmm...before today had you ever heard the word? Do you know what it means? (Apparently it's short for charisma) Have you ever used the word? If you were in charge of the world, what word would you declare word of the year for 2023? We hang out with young adults every week and I have never heard "rizz." That is a new one to me and I've never used it. I think my personal word from the year would be blessed. I'm afraid the word for the world in 2023 is troubled. I try to look for the positive and there are MANY wonderful things going on but there is so much heartache out there, too.

2. What's one word you tend to abbreviate in your writing or speech? (as in rizz for charisma) I abbreviate etc. and Dr. when I'm typing and I use DIY fairly often.

3. Are you a Hallmark movie watcher this time of year? What's your favorite character from a holiday- themed movie, book, or TV special? I've watched a Hallmark movie or two over the years. Before Mark retired, he went to the farm a lot on Friday and came home on Saturday. I would usually watch one while he was gone. We love Christmas Vacation and Four Christmases. We do turn Four Christmases off when it gets to the sad/hard part. We've watched both of those so many times.

4. Something you look forward to eating this month? I love Honey baked Ham (the real kind - not an imitation). I may have to make some dressing, too. We have a relative who makes ambrosia - fresh peeled oranges and coconut and it is delicious.

5. What's the most stressful part of the holiday season for you? This year, the most stressful part was my final exam. I actually started ordering Christmas presents this week!!

6. Insert your own random thought here. I need to do another big photo dump and write about some of the things that have been going on . . .maybe I'll have time this weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I deliberately skip sad movies. I'm not fond of having my heart get ripped out of me and crying for no real good reason. I like happy and funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally like happy and funny movies, too. I'm not a crier and so if I need a good cry (which I do about once or twice a year), I will watch a sad movie because that will allow me to cry. I know that probably makes no sense at all!

      Delete
  2. Since you said 'was' about your final exam, I'm guessing you are relaxing now and for that I'm glad. Good job persevering with the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Family Stone is another heartbreaker holiday movie. I like it though. I love a honey baked ham but we're not in charge of meals this Christmas (not complaining!!) and we're having Beef Wellington (definitely not complaining). I hope your exam went well, and I'm sure you are glad to have it behind you. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever seen the Family Stone - it sounds familiar. I'll have to look it up. Beef Wellington sounds lovely. Mark ran to Costco yesterday and said people were buying TONS of beef!!

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers. Dr. is a good choice for an abbreviation. I am a Hallmark movie watcher and I like the two movies you listed also. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw Four Christmases for the first time last year and liked it enough to watch again this year. I'm surprised I enjoyed it, actually! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've watched it so many times at this point, that we watch up until a certain sad part . . .and then we sometimes turn it off!!

      Delete