Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On my knees again

Well . . .another serious post from me.  I promise to post some fun things soon.  I have lots of fun pictures.  I did try to insert some humor in this post. :-)

There is an old song . . ."on the road again." My new song is going to be "on my knees again." I've been spending a lot of time "on my knees." In the last 24 hours I have been on my knees three different times. I'm not bragging. This is just life right now. You know that even in the most serious of times, the hardest of days, I have to throw in a little humor. I always have to kneel on a pillow. We have hardwoods or tile . . .I have to use a pillow. I'm a wimp. What can I say?

Just now I walked down to our sanctuary. Sure is nice to work in a church. The sanctuary was dark except for some light shining through one of the stained glass windows. I knelt at the altar rail . . .where I could see the cross still draped in the white cloth from Easter. That cloth represents hope!!! I was really talking to God. Thank goodness, I was not praying out loud because when I finished praying . . .someone had been in the sanctuary with me. I didn't hear a thing. They were surely tip toeing. I didn't hear a door close or anything BUT the door to the flower room was open when I started praying . . .and it was closed when I finished and there was a light on in the narthex when I started praying . . .and it was no longer on when I finished. Since I got back to my desk I've been listening to this song sung by Jaci Velasquez.  I really love these words:

I get on my knees, I get on my knees;
There I am before the love that changes me.
See I don't know how, but there's power
When I'm on my knees.


There is just something different about praying on my knees.  I think it is because I humble myself before God.  I bow down and acknowledge that HE IS LORD and I am not!

Do you have a favorite place to pray?  Do you have a favorite prayer posture? (sitting in a chair?  kneeling?  lying on the ground?  eyes open?  eyes closed?)  Does it change with the need?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you...I pray anywhere generally,...but when it's serious business it is either in my car or on my knees with my nose to the ground...in a position reminding myself I am truly at His mercy and grace.

    you are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete