Sunday, August 19, 2012

Love, laughter and good food

I think this picture is great! Kim and Laura are both laughing. I love to be with friends who laugh a lot! Our lives are all crazy - we have grown kids and we work and we have struggles and sometimes health concerns but we love to laugh together. We have laughed at some of the craziest stuff over the years. I have no idea what they are laughing about - they probably bonged heads when I told them to put their heads together like the young girls always do.


Looks like Phella and guy and Allen are discussing something really important here - I have no idea what - possibly lighting issues . . .and is someone standing in front of Guy???  Oh yes - I just enlarged the picture - that is our friend, Fred.  He and Liz joined us on this evening for supper.  That is my cute basket in the front of the picture with the pink polka dot napkins.  I tried a new recipe -- Chicken Cheese Ball - delicious and easy!!  The ingredients are:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix

1 (5 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix the cream cheese, ranch dressing and chicken . . .I think I used the really large can of white chicken (or maybe even two cans), drained.  I always change recipes and I hate when I forget to write down the changes.  I mixed it with my mixer and it did well.  I mixed the cream cheese (and I used light) and dry ranch dressing first and then added the chicken and mixed again.  It was yummy.  I didn't make mine into a ball, I shaped it on a long skinny tray.  Cover with chopped pecans. 


David cooked brisket as the main course and it was delicious!!!  What a perfect night filled with love, laughter and good food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment