Monday, August 22, 2011

two new yummy recipes!!

I've made two new recipes this month . . . and both are "party foods." My friend, Kristi, shared this recipe with me. Her husband is the salsa maker at their house. Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, made up the recipe. Then Kristi's husband made it. Kristi doesn't make anything with more than five ingredients. Right???? She told me about the recipe and I stopped and bought the ingredients on the way home. I, too, love cilantro so I added a lot . . .and I loved it . . .but those who don't like cilantro thought it was yucky! Can you believe it? Here is my bowl of salsa at supper club . . .here is the link for Ree's recipe (I feel like I know her so surely I can call her by her first name.) Maybe some day I'll figure out how to type, "see the recipe HERE" and you can click on here and go straight to the link but for now this will have to do:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/



I also cut a recipe out of the local newspaper. I think the name of the recipe is savory pull apart . . .or something like that. It is incredible. I made it for the teacher's snackroom during VBS and they told me it was good. I made it for our supper club and oh my goodness, it is so good.


You buy a loaf of sour dough bread. The recipe seems to work best if you can find a round loaf that is sort of tall. Use a good bread knife and make "slices" about every inch or so but don't cut through the bottom crust. After cutting in one direction, make slices across the bread in the other direction. Place thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese in each of the "cuts" going both directions. Use a good cheese - don't buy plain old singles. Then open a 3 ounce package of "real" bacon bits (not the fake ones) and sprinkle in all of the "cuts" - pulling them gently apart as necessary. Now melt a stick of butter (use the real thing) and add one tablespoon of dry ranch salad dressing mix. Pour slowly over the top so that the butter runs down in those same "cuts." Wrap tightly in foil and heat in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Serve on a tray and "pull apart" each piece. Our group of 10 ate a whole one . . and loved it!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. those both look yummy! & the pioneer woman is great :) i'm going to have to make those!

    to make a link you can click that shows up as "HERE" or any other words you want, there is an easy way to do that :)

    if you use blogger dashboard when you do a new post at the top of the tool bar where the fonts ares and alignments & such there is a button label "Link". If you click it, a box pops up & you have a place to put what display text you want & then what url the link goes to. then click ok!

    hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete