Friday, November 19, 2010

painters . . .

Just a few days ago, I posted a picture of our new bedspread . . .and pretty soon, I'll post a picture of the entire "after" room. The painters have been here this week painting our bedroom. We've been in this house for about 18 years. The house was brand new when we moved in but it was a spec house and the master bedroom was painted pepto bismal pink - I kid you not (this would have been sometime in the early 90's). We actually wrote a change into the contract that the bedroom had to be re-painted before we would sign the contract. So our wonderful decorator, Cindy Davis of Davis Designs (who has been our decorator all these years!!) picked out the perfect color for us and the name of the paint was herald green. We've loved that color so much that we even had it repainted the same color one time. . .so the point is we've lived in a herald green room for 18 years. Our room is now Fairview taupe and I love it. It is kind of a brown/green/gray color and when you walk into the room, you feel as if a warm blanket has been wrapped around you. We have lots and lots of glossy white trim and our cabinets are white and we have lots of windows and light so the room doesn't appear dark at all.Here is one of the painters (I think they thought I was nuts for taking their picture!!) . . .funny story about the painters. A painter named Brent has painted just about every room in our house at one time or another. Someone in Mark's office recommended Brent years ago and we were pleased and so continued to use him over the course of 10 or 15 years. But I couldn't find Brent's phone number in any of my old notes so I called Cindy (decorator) and asked her if she could line up some painters for us. They arrived last Friday to check out the space, etc. They rang the doorbell and I opened the door and guess who was on my front porch? Brent - of all people. I just started laughing. Our town and surrounding area is fairly large and I'm sure there are a lot of painters out there . . .and here was our painter . ..whom I couldn't find!

Right now, I'm trying to dig out from the mess of a week without a bedroom and one of our baths. We've all been sleeping upstairs (thank goodness for extra bedrooms) and I've been blow drying my hair and putting on my make-up in the powder room and we've been doing laundry so that we could have clean stuff to wear because we couldn't get in our dresser drawers, etc. All that clean laundry was piling up in the laundry room (because I couldn't put it away) and this morning, I've started folding the mountain and it is all over our bed . . . so "after" pictures of the room will come soon. I'm excited - the room looks fresh and clean and up-to-date . . .BUT now we need new counter tops, new faucets, new towel bars . . .uh oh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment