Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I've been reading other folk's blogs and I have found some really good stuff . . .I like this!

According to a poll conducted by a British soup company, here are the top 10 little pleasures in life:

1. Getting a good night’s sleep.

2. Finding money unexpectedly in your coat pocket (even if it is just a dollar!!)

3. Snuggling up in bed with your sweetheart. (or maybe even a good book :-)

4. Laughing until you cry. (I've done that several times in the last couple of weeks - today at lunch was one of those times as Dave told us about his dog who had colic as a puppy and had to be "burped")

5. The feel of sleeping on freshly-washed sheets. (I do love clean sheets!!)

6. Finding a great bargain. (or buying something you've really been wanting)

7. Making someone smile.

8. Sleeping late. (this is not that great to me - late is 7:30 a.m. or so)

9. Catching up with an old friend (facebook has been great for this!!)

10. Laughing at things that have happened in the past.


I think I would add - spending time with good friends - doesn't matter what we do. I would also add - participating in a really good worship service.

What about you? What are the simple pleasures in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you! I'll be adding you to my readers list.

    ReplyDelete