Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Where did 2009 go? I feel as if I blinked and it was gone. My dad used to say that time flies faster the older you get. That never made sense . . .until I aged!! (not old - aged like fine wine :-)

We had a good year. Our twins both graduated from Auburn and are both in grad school. Good kids. . . actually young adults!! Mark and I are both gainfully employed. Not just employed, even better. Mark works for a company that is run by one of the finest men ever. He has been such a mentor to Mark for 20+ years now. I "get" to work on a church staff - to be honest, I sometimes feel like I have a dream job. For the first year that I worked there, I actually felt guilty that they paid me (not any more - another smile here). I do love my job. I love working in a place where I feel like I just might make a difference in someone's life. Not by my actions on my own, but because of God's actions through me. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this year. As a matter of fact, Mark proposed to me 26 years ago yesterday - on New Year's Eve, which was his parent's wedding anniversary. There have been some tough times in those 25 years, but I truly can't imagine living my life with anyone but Mark. I was reading Beth Moore's blog yesterday and her husband is a hunter also and it sounds like they are as different as Mark and I . . .but when Christ is the center of a marriage, things just work better.

I don't really make New Year's resolutions anymore . . . but today I've been thinking about things. This year, I want to laugh a lot. I want to spend time with good friends. I want to be healthier. I want to spend more time with God. I want to be a better wife and mother. Those are good goals. Those are attainable goals. What about you? What are your plans for 2010?

May God's blessings be bountiful for each of us and may we recognize those blessings and give thanks to him!! Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment