Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris's wedding & mobile fun



Very few people, I've learned, are lucky enough - blessed enough - to have a group of friends like we have. I met Phella when Chris, the groom, was just a baby and she was pregnant with Michael. Michael and Glenn have been roommates at Auburn for 3 of their 4 years down there! Over the years our friendship has grown into a relationship much more akin to sisterhood. Our families have gone to church together all these years so we also have that "Christ connection." Chris got married in Mobile and we were included as family, which was very special.

About 5 or 6 years ago, we became a part of a supper club. There are six couples and we've been together all of this time. We have become family to each other. We have been through sickness together. We've been through hard times with our kids together. We have laughed together. Oh my gosh, we have laughed and laughed and laughed. We have discussed politics many a night over the dinner table and we are all on the same page. . . some more than others . . . but still on the same page. We've tried new recipes on each other and new bottles of wine and margaritas. We love each other - plain and simple - guys and girls alike. The group is full of hugs.

This past weekend, 5 of the six couples were able to be together in Mobile. Guy & Phella had to stay at another hotel with their family so that left 4 supper club couples and two other good friend couples from church at the same hotel. What fun was had by all!

We spent time each night sitting out on a patio area laughing and talking about all sorts of things. Some of us spent time sitting out in the sun grabbing a ray or two. Some of us went to the bass pro shop (Mark went twice!). Some of us went into Fairhope (we didn't do that excursion). Some of us ate at a cool restaurant called BlueGill (I think that is right). Most of us were there for the rehearsal dinner at the Original Oyster House. We were all at the wedding and reception at Magnolia Manor. It was just wonderful fun.

I thank God that in "middle age" I am surrounded by friends who love me just as I am. What a blessing!
I'd like to share my Snapfish photos with you. Once you have checked out my photos you can order prints and upload your own photos to share.
http://www1.snapfish.com/fbshareredirect/p=713201248140275266/l=1472363012/g=96078567/redirectURL=share/otsi=SALBBL/AlbumID=903222012/a=96078567_96078567/usercomments=I_xqd%20like%20to%20share%20my%20Snapfish%20photos%20with%20you.%20Once%20you%20have%20checked%20out%20my%20photos%20you%20can%20order%20prints%20and%20upload%20your%20own%20photos%20to%20share./counttext=70%20photos/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

No comments:

Post a Comment