Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Leaping on over to HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond
Today is Wednesday so it must be HodgePodge! Copy and paste the questions into your blog and link up at From This Side of the Pond.

1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?
I feel like I'm usually operating at maximum capacity - so 105%?
What's keeping you there?
A lot of Diet Pepsis!  Just kidding (sort of!).  My friends know me well!!


I actually have two speeds - full speed ahead or dead stop. I try to operate at 100% capacity for many reasons -
a. I'm a people pleaser - I don't want to disappoint you.
b. I'm a #1 on the Ennegram - a tad bit perfectionist
c. My parents taught me a good, strong work ethic - give my all!
This is from the #1 Enneagram -
Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.
That sounds like 100% to me - I guess I'm wired that way.

2.  Have you done your taxes? I'm married to a CPA so I don't do our taxes. Hubby will do them on April 14.
Planned/booked a summer holiday? We have a wedding on May 19 - daughter!! No vacation planning yet - hopefully, we will go to the beach in September.
Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'?  I actually did some spring cleaning in my office on Friday and no one even noticed!! I stashed things and tidied things and threw away some things and even dusted (with a clorox wipe!!)
Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.
Address wedding invitations and get them ready to go in the mail.

3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?
Barbeque - we have great barbeque in Alabama!! I think my favorite is from Saw's. I also like Moe's Barbeque.

4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain. I guess it would be "grow by leaps and bounds." Y'all know I work on a church staff and our church is growing - the average age of a United Methodist in the U.S. is 57 (I think!) and our church is growing by leaps and bounds with young adults - median age is more like 37. We are in the midst of a capital campaign and will hopefully start construction in early summer. Our church's 90th birthday (in this location) is on March 18 so part of our building is 90 years old. The main sanctuary was built in the 70's. We added a new youth and children's building and did some upgrades in 2005 and those spaces are now full.

5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February. 6. Insert your own random thought here.
a. trip to Israel (started in January and ended in February - 10 days)
b. how many words our almost 2 year old granddaughter can say - vocabulary explosion - multi-word sentences
c. everything is blooming here due to the warm weather spell - forsythia and jonquils are on their way out already; Bradford pears along the roads are white and fluffy and wild plum trees are blooming in the woods. I have no idea what they are really called but maybe "tulip trees" have bloomed!


d. supper club with some of the best friends ever
e. the beginning of Lent - not exactly what you would call fun nor fabulous per se but I love the season of Lent - that time of reflection and introspection




6 comments:

  1. The spring temps have been here for two weeks, just long enough to fool the plants and trees into thinking they should bloom. The last time this happened we had a freeze that killed a lot of these early bloomers and I hope that doesn't happen this time even though I much prefer the colder temps. My little granddaughter is 19 months and I know what you mean about the vocabulary explosion. We're having such fun understanding some of what she's saying now. Grandkiddos are just the best, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    Our warm weather has brought forth the forsythia and some of the flowering trees, too. I'm sure we'll get a hard freeze before the true spring-like temps are here to stay, though. I'm lovin' the change and can't wait for it to get here in full swing. I like BBQ! Mmm, good! I enjoyed reading your responses. Have a good day and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a pretty fabulous February!! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we ate at Saws a couple of years ago while in Birmingham for a wedding. Things are blooming here too, or at least beginning to, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which part of Alabama? I grew up in Clio. Chitlins were the thing there. Yuck! The smell was horrible, but the old men seemed to like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to meet you and to discover your blog. How exciting that you have a wedding coming up!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete