Wednesday, May 24, 2017

This is a hard Wednesday Hodgepodge!!



From this Side of the Pond

Join us with Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond and answer the Wednesday Hodgepodge questions!  Then link up with everyone and enjoy reading what others write!!

1. What color is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?
Let's see . . .I think most of our walls are painted Springfield Tan by Benjamin Moore and our family room furniture is neutral . . .and our comforter is white - hmmmm . . .I guess we have a lot of neutral/beige going on!  I do have pops of red and orange in most of the rooms with some yellow thrown in.  Our home is only 3 years old so I'm not ready to cover it up yet.

2. What's something you'll NEVER do again?
That is a difficult question.  My mama always said, "never say never" and I think there is some wisdom in that statement!  I was married when I was very young and divorced 18 months later.  Mark and I have been married for 33 years.  I hope I never have to go through a divorce again.

I'll NEVER be pregnant again - hahaha!  I think I can say that one and be pretty sure about it!!

3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.
Gosh - this is another difficult question.  I can be fairly aggressive so that might not fit the female stereotype.  I also have a rather deep voice - not a sweet little cute voice.  My profession is one that is often held by a woman - I'm the executive assistant to our senior pastor.  I was mostly a stay-at-home mom so that could/could not fit a female stereotype.  I can't wait to read some other people's answers for this one!!

4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Ever ridden a motorcycle? If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?
You've got to be kidding me?  Motorcycle Awareness Month, really?  I've never owned a motorcycle.  Yes, I've ridden at least one - maybe more.  I actually remember a guy picking me up for a date (when I was a young adult) on a motorcycle . . .and then another guy took me on a day trip on the back of his motorcycle.  You bet - I think I would hop on the back of one!

This isn't a motorcycle but we were riding around our old backyard on the four wheeler!  Wheeeeee!




5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?
hmmmm . . .I don't know.  That question is too deep for my feeble brain!  I love mysteries but reading one wouldn't make you understand me.  I don't watch a lot of TV but when I do, it is mostly comedy . . .I do love to laugh so there is that slight connection.  You could listen to sermons preached by our preachers and you would hear words that shape me.  I guess reading the Bible might help you understand me, too, since we (I) are (am) still making the same mistakes made by all of those folks whose lives are recorded in the scriptures.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I've shared with you that I've been riding the stationary bike about six days a week.  I've also been trying to eat healthier foods - preparing things at home and eating lots of fruit and veggies.  Last night, I made Egg Roll Bowl and it is so easy and yummy.  I steamed some fresh broccoli and cooked some green beans (they were canned - best I could do).

I browned a pound of 96%/4% ground beef with some chopped onion.  I added a bag and a half of slaw mix and about a third to a half of bag of some riced cauliflower/carrots/broccoli mix.  I added a little sesame oil and some rice wine vinegar and some ginger and some soy sauce . . and some sriracha sauce.  I added a few chopped green onions right at the end of the time.  I don't have measurements because I just guestimated and added!!  I carried the leftovers in my lunch today.


My new favorite treat is this.


I also love the coconut one.  I made my oatmeal/blueberry/yogurt "parfait" in my mason jar this morning and used the coconut yogurt.  Delish!  The Toasted Marshmallow smells more like marshmallows than the taste but it is so good when you aren't eating other sweet treats.


4 comments:

  1. I thought this week's edition was challenging, too. (I passed.) You did a great job with yours! I enjoyed reading your responses. (I don't have a sweet little feminine voice either so I identified with that comment. 🌸)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that sounds almost like what I am making for dinner tonight! I enjoyed reading your responses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try that yogurt. I love the taste of marshmallow. Congrats on your new healthy life style. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making those healthier changes in diet isn't easy, so congratulations. I love Fage yogurt but notice that any amount of dairy, including cheese and yogurt (my two favorite things!) make me achey

    Your dinner sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete