Monday, September 30, 2024

Last week in review

Granddaughter #1 cheered at her football game on Monday night and we were able to be there! She is right out front - cheering well!


On Wednesday morning, I had an appointment with Dr. Clark, my ENT who did the emergency surgery on me back in July of 2022 (3 days after our home burned). Over the weekend I felt like I was getting a sinus infection. Guess what? After he scoped my sinuses, I went straight in for a scan on my sinuses. There is infection in that same cavity where it was before. I don't know if you remember but the infection was pressing on the optic nerve last time and I had double vision like a cross - one image going horizontal and one vertical. It was scary! We leave for a big trip next week so I'm on heavy duty drugs and will have a second sinus surgery on Wednesday, October 23. I'll be honest - I was caught totally off guard by this diagnosis.



Thursday night we had lots of rain. We were scheduled to meet our "out to eat" supper club at The Village Tavern at the Summit. Noelle has cancer and ended up in the hospital last week so she and Dan were unable to join us. Leslie also ended up sick and Susan was in Cape Cod . . .so it ended up being a double date with Kim and Gary. I had firecracker shrimp tacos and they were really good. Mark had shrimp and grits. Kim had Chicken Marsala and Gary had a giant sandwich with BLT and pimento cheese and fries. Food was good. We took this picture to send to the folks who were sick.


We've been getting our skeletons ready for the front porch. Our theme this year is Rapunzel. Mother Gothel is first, then Rapunzel and Paschal, and whatever the guy's name is . . .


Friday night was our regular supper club and we were at the Stearn's house. I was late to the text thread and appetizer was the thing not chosen so I wanted to do something different. Let me just say that this took way too long to make and chop, etc. I like my traditional cheese ball recipes better than either of these. They were just ok BUT THEY looked cute! Mr. Scarecrow and a cheeseball made into a pumpkin shape.


Our group doesn't like to have their photo taken and shared so this is mostly the backs of folks as we were hugging goodbye and packing up to go home. We love these people. They are ours and we are theirs.


I think I mentioned that Mark was adding shelves to our hall closet. He did a great job. I spent some time organizing it this weekend.


I was able to free up a couple of drawers in the kitchen and bar area. One drawer now holds the large and small food processors and they are so much easier to get out!! I was able to move some kitchen towels from the bar to a drawer in the kitchen.


This lady below was the logo for our 2023 Women's Retreat. I tried to paint one like her and it was so horrible that I threw it away. I colored this one with crayons this weekend and I enjoyed every moment and she looks pretty good!


Sunday morning found me working at church and teaching Sunday school and packing for our staff retreat which will be on Monday and Tuesday. I need to do more homework before we leave on our trip but our professor hasn't posted the next module. I'm trying not to freak out about it but I have a deadline while we will be on the Aegean Sea.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment