Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Thank you to Bev for stealing our questions this week! I'm joining up with the other thieves to answer.

1. What do you want to be remembered for? I want to be remembered as a philanthropist . . .but since we aren't wealthy enough for that to happen . . .I want to be remembered as someone who cared about others. This isn't exactly answering the question, but I've always loved this quote about living life. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!” Folks can remember me that way, too! 

2. If you were put in solitary confinement for a year, what would you do to stay sane? I would exercise daily and read my Bible. Would I have access to a library? I'm assuming solitary confinement would be in a prison. Do prison's have libraries? If so, I would read a lot of books. Would I have pen and paper? I would write letters. I would probably cry some, too. It would be lonely.

3. If you could have video of any one event in your life, what event would you choose? I wish I had videos of our kids when they were little. I wish I had videos with audio of my parent's voices.

4. What are the top 3 things you want to accomplish before you die?  Have you accomplished them? I have no idea. Let's see . . .I want to love more. I want to live more. I want to travel more.

5. If you were forced to live one 10-minute block of your life again and again, what 10 minutes of your life would you choose. Wow - this is a tough question! I loved when our granddaughters were born and placed in my arms, but within 10 minutes someone else had them. I loved our daughter's wedding day. I loved my 50th birthday party. I have no real idea of how to answer this question.

6. Have you ever saved someone’s life? No. 

7. What are you addicted to? Diet Pepsi and to some extent, I'm addicted to food.

8. What keeps you up at night? I actually sleep fairly well. I'm on steroids right now for a sinus infection and that is affecting my sleep a tad. When I have too much on my plate, I wake up and go over and over it in my head. Sometimes the night before we leave on a big trip or if I'm in charge of a big event, I wake up a lot during the night.

9. What do you regret not doing? I've answered this one recently. I wish I had graduated from college at the average age rather than working on it at 66. I sometimes regret that we didn't travel more when we were younger.

10. What gives your life meaning? I'm a Christian and my faith in God and trying to live like Jesus is important to me. Also, our family and our friends and my job give my life meaning, too.

11. What are you most insecure about? I am insecure about my appearance and my lack of a college degree and worrying that what I say in a meeting might sound stupid.

12. What’s the most illegal thing you’ve done? When I was young, I smoked pot. I still speed when driving . . .a lot! I actually did something really stupid when I was a senior in high school and got caught. Thank God I was still underage. I think I made my daddy cry . . .but for those of you with kids who do something stupid, they can still grow up and be wonderful, productive members of society who try hard not to do wrong.  Just to clarify, I didn't do bodily harm to anyone. It was just stupid.

13. What’s the most surprising self-realization you’ve had?  I, like most people, thought I was going to live forever and not have aches and pains. I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek. I get really annoyed when my body doesn't do what it is supposed to do or when it "betrays" me. I don't think I realized I would feel that way.

14. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be? Always be kind.

15. In what situation or place would you feel most out of place? These questions are so tough today. I can be an extrovert, but when I enter a room full of people whom I don't know, I become an introvert and I always wonder if I truly belong in that space. Usually I eventually find someone to talk to and make a new friend. I would also feel very out-of-place if I joined a group of extreme mountain climbers or some group like that where I know nothing about anything!

4 comments:

  1. I want to travel more.
    I can be an introvert with strangers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I didn't finish college either, and it has bothered me my whole life, though I seem to have done all right without a college degree...but all of my friends have degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diet coke, never like that hahaha it tastes like sweetener.
    Addicted to food though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to work on a Ph.D. but feel like it would be a waste of money because I'd be about your age now when I finished. But there you are going back to college, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete