Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Weekend in Review

Moss Rock Tacos and Tequila is within walking distance of our house. I walked over on Thursday (after work) and met one of our Tuesday night young adults for margaritas and chips and queso. Mark was out of town so it was a nice way to spend a couple of hours.


All last week, Mark worked on this closet outside our powder room. It had one wire shelf and I had a little corner bakers rack in there for storage. He built and painted shelves and installed them. He did a good job! I'll take a photo once I finish organizing it.


On Friday, I headed to The Club for the bridesmaid luncheon for our sweet relative, Lydia.
Lydia's mom, Nancy, was Mark's first cousin and she and I were good friends. She actually introduced Mark and me (in a round about way on a canoe trip).


Two of my sister-in-law's were hostesses for this party. I helped with two other parties. My sister-in-law married to Mark's twin brother makes gorgeous flower arrangements. They gathered every blue and white accessory they could find.


The Club has been around since before I was born. We've never been members but have been lucky enough to have family or friends who belong. There is a lighted dance floor and it was the inspiration for the dance floor in Saturday Night Fever! Fun fact to know and tell!! The views are spectacular.


Y'all know that my mother-in-law died in June at almost 99 years old. My sister-in-law washed and ironed linens to be used on the tables. They were beautiful. She loved going to a party at The Club. We've had lots of Bridesmaid lunches there. Our niece's wedding reception will be at The Club next summer.


Lydia and Carson were married on Saturday afternoon at our church.


The reception was at the Valley Hotel. A jazz band played at the reception and the music was fun! The saxophone player goes to our church and is a former band director and the person playing the keyboard has played at the small theater we frequent. She is actually world renowned!


The cake was beautiful. I heard it had a strong almond flavor but was evidently yummy.


Flowers and candles adorned the tables.


Granddaughter#1 looked so cute by the cake.


Here we are!


The bride and groom were making their entrance.


They had a sweet first dance.



I should have cropped out the two photographers!! They were getting ready to cut the cake.


I snapped this one (below). Our friend was dancing with his daughter - it was a sweet moment.


There were some really cute dancers on the dance floor. One little boy was "break dancing" for lack of a better word.


This sign greeted us as we exited the elevator. The buffet tables were down this hallway which was nice because they didn't take up room in the actual "ballroom."


Our son, Glenn, is on the right. He and Michael grew up together -- all the way through college. They were even roommates at Auburn. Laura is Michael's wife and then Lauren is our daughter-in-law and granddaughter #1 hopped in the picture with them. I'm so sad that I didn't get a picture of Glenn and Michael with Linda Whatley. Linda was our kid's minister when they were growing up. She was so tiny next to them. She is over 80 now and she kept up with those kids for years.


Here is a cute picture of the three of them.


We had fun visiting with lots of family. Usually we are only together for sad events such as funerals. It was great to be together at a happy occasion.













No comments:

Post a Comment